6.20.2008

Girlfriends

I've been blessed to have great girlfriends throughout my life. They all mean so much to me, and I wish I could talk about each individually. But I am grateful that I have had the connection I have with these girls. Here are some of them. Christy, Nuria and I have been friends since 7th and 8th grade. We have been really good about getting together for dinner or lunch in the past, but we haven't regularly since before my mission (two years ago). The other night we went out to a new place, Tacos Nacos, in Draper. It was yummy! And very cheap! I definitely recommend it. 

Before we went, however, we were visiting with Christy's family. She has a little two year old named Brandt. Since Christy's brother and Dad are into dirt bike racing and motocross, they of course had to get Brandt his own.

I just thought it was the cutest thing!
He even did a trick for us!
As we were getting ready to go, I looked at the ground in front of the driveway. Yup, this is a real snake. It was moving, and luckily moving away from us!
Christy's dad immediately grabbed a shovel and was going to try and pick it up and move it to the trees - but the snake wasn't staying. He saw Mike coming at him and literally jumped his way up the curb and toward the trees. It was a fun beginning to the night!
Here are some pictures of us after eating. Unfortunately there wasn't anyone around to take one of all of us together!

Me and Nuria
Me and Christy
Last night I went to a Pampered Chef party with Ali Flegal, she is moving to South Carolina in a couple of weeks and it was nice to hang out with her. We'll miss her! Chris went to high school with her husband Andrew and they are in our ward now. Great couple. Paige Fotheringham hosted the party, she's so great. I worked with her husband Lorin, and we've been able to keep hanging out with them, which I love. Here are some pictures from the party. It was fun! It's nice to be together with just the girls!

Me, Paige and Ali with her son Henry.

10 comments:

Robyn Reynolds said...

Brandt's little dirt bike is great! I can't believe he is already doing tricks on it. That is very cute.

Dubb Days said...

I am glad you still get together with Nuria and Christy. It is great to have those girlfriends all your life that even though you don't see eachother often, you know you are their for eachother always!!

mead family said...

I haven't talked to Christy forever. I miss those days back in middle school. In fact I haven't seen any of you since my wedding. I'm glad that you all still keep in touch and get together!

Heather said...

Looks like fun- I need to call my gals now after seeing that :)

Katy and Rob Bodily said...

Good friends are great! I bet it is nice to get together. All three of you are the sweetest girls! I am glad you all have remained so close.

Andrea Harper said...

I love Christy and Nuria! Such cute girls! I saw Christy at a Pampered Chef party and she is the cutest. I can't believe Brandt is 2!! And Nudes makes me laugh so hard, she is a doll. I too love my girlfirends, I don't know what I would do without them!!

Beesley Family said...

It is so fun getting together with your girlfriends. How are you doing? I would love to keep in touch... our blog is
beesleyfamily1.blogspot.com

- Tori (Edwards) Beesley

Laura said...

Girlfriends are the best! I have been wondering if that Taco place was good...I will have to give it a try sometime soon!

Anonymous said...

Yeah for us!!! It was good to see eachother. Brandt is so so cute.

Anonymous said...

Chris!! How are you doing?? Congrats on the marriage! Last time I saw you was at the fair and I was as big as a house with our 2nd!! How are you?? Let me get your email addy so I can add you to my blog!!