8.10.2009

August Reading

For those of you who read and liked the Host, I have to apologize for the fact that I never finished it. It had to be one of the most boring books I've read in a while... and so, I had to surrender. 

I decided to move on to a book that I've had on my shelf for quite some time, waiting for me to finish that darn Host. I can't tell you how much better it feels to look at the book you're in the middle of and want to read it... it makes all the difference in the world.

The book this month will be The Pact: A Love Story, by Jodi Picoult (same author as My Sister's Keeper). The description is below, for anyone who might be interested.

Until the phone calls came at 3:00 A.M. on a November morning, the Golds and their neighbors, the Hartes, had been inseparable. It was no surprise to anyone when their teenage children, Chris and Emily, began showing signs that their relationship was moving beyond that of lifelong friends. But now seventeen-year-old Emily has been shot to death by her beloved and devoted Chris as part of an apparent suicide pact -- leaving two devastated families stranded in the dark and dense predawn, desperate for answers about an unthinkable act and the children they never really knew.

3 comments:

Heather said...

Can't wait to read it!

Jenny said...

WHAT? You didn't like The Host? You...crazy....woman! I loved it. I guess that's the beauty of reading; some like it and some don't. I guess we'll always have Twilight right?

Andrea Harper said...

Gah. I used to like reading books like that, like, ALOT. And then it started to make me a sad, little woman. I have read many books by that darn Jodi, and I always come away with this "man the world REALLY sucks" feeling. She's amazing - don't get me wrong. But I now try to read things that take me AWAY from the crazy-real-life-that-could-totally-happen kind of books. Like Harry. Or Twilight. Or pretty much anything kids read. Awe. Sad.