8.03.2009

Better Make It Weird...

The tradition with TJ's and my birthday went to a new level this year with his turning 30. Because 30 is quite the mile mark, I wanted to make it extra special.

Since I can remember, TJ has had an obsession with Jell-O. Any color, any flavor. Any time.

While brainstorming something creative for his 30th, it was Chris who suggested that I fill something up with his favorite treat.

This is what it turned into.
A cooler, fun size candy bars, money... and, of course, the Jell-O.

I wrapped the dollar bills in plastic wrap and Chris helped me pour the Jell-O in with the money and the candy.

We added some change in...

And another layer of Jell-O on top. To our dismay, most of the goodies below floated their way to the layer above... and the vision I had of him digging through to find the good stuff (which, at that point, would be coated in orange and lime-flavored goo) started to disappear.

But, I wrapped it up nice, and waited until the rest of the gifts were open before bringing it out.

I think he liked it.

He still dug through the cold layers to find the money, at least,

And even took a mouthful of it. Mmmmm.... I think a fist full of Jell-O actually was on his wish list this year.

And, the end result was... pretty. I call that a success.

7 comments:

Carly said...

That's hysterical! Ha!

mead family said...

Very creative!

Keersten said...

That is AWESOME!!! You guys always seem to be up to something fun.

Laura said...

Awesome idea! Youre a good package maker/giver! The big three-o is a great milestone!

Robyn Reynolds said...

Nice!! It reminds me of The Office. You guys are so funny and creative to do that.

Sariah said...

That was very creative of you,
Schloppy, but creative.
One birthday idea worth filing away in my mental cabinet for future use!

Karson and Kami said...

lol..that's actually REALLY gross. haha