9.14.2009

It Can Only Mean One Thing...

Let's face it. I'm getting a little tired of peeing myself when I sneeze. And, while we're on the subject, why is it that when I have to pee and come even remotely close to a toilet that my bladder screams in protest because I'm not sitting on it?

Why is it that when I'm hungry, it's a matter of life or death?

Why is it that I cry at the drop of a hat?

Why is it that I have cravings for ramen noodles, of all things (so yucky... but sooo good)?

Why is it that it's getting uncomfortable to sleep at night (because I have to be on my side)?
I guess there can only be one answer....

For those of you who are unfamiliar with home pregnancy tests from the dollar store, two lines means what you think it does... I am 15 weeks (nearly four months) along now (as of Monday Sep. 14), my official due date March 8th. I'm having a baby!

It's all pretty crazy... but mostly exciting. To think of having our own mini Heidi or Chris puts a smile on my face... most days. I won't lie and say that I haven't felt the worry, fear and stress that comes with knowing our world is about to change drastically, especially with everything happening lately. Talk about high highs and low lows. However, I will say that now the initial shock of losing my job is gone, I've been able to enjoy myself at home - and find myself still busy. I also find myself wondering how moving into a new place and getting everything settled ever gets done when you work full time. It seems natural for me to be home, and though the money (or lack of) isn't our favorite part of it all, we're trying to get used to just one income.

I will say that this whole pregnancy thing doesn't seem real yet, although I've had a few appointments and a couple of ultrasounds already. We were able to hear the heartbeat at 12 weeks... which was unreal. It's amazing to see what they can pick up when your baby is so tiny! But, I'm not showing quite yet (that anyone other than me can see), and I haven't felt the baby move. But I think we may be finding out what we're having next week... so perhaps it will start to feel real then. For now, excitement is our main emotion... and luckily, it downplays all that worry, fear, and stress.

I don't have too many complaints, because I know it will all be worth it. I can't say it's easy to deal with who I am now, though - in addition to everything I named above, there's the fact that I can't eat chicken. Or turkey. Or beef... most times. Meat in general is pretty much a downer. I can't stomach sweets. I looove anything salty. It just happens to be that the only things I crave involve spending money... which doesn't help because we don't have any.

Luckily, ramen noodles don't cost much. Neither does mac and cheese... pre-pregnancy I wouldn't have given a second thought to these foods that don't do my body any good... but I find it very convenient that when taking care of my body is most critical, I don't want healthy. Except for veggies. Oooo, veggies....

28 comments:

Heather said...

It is finally OFFICIALLY anounced Wahoo- I don't have to be quiet anymore!
I am so excited to see this little one- it is so fun to see what the different sets of parents produce.
Looks, personality- all of our familys kids have had a different look- can't wait to see the little baby Lewis!
And I am so Glad you are finding out what it is- otherwise it would have been torture for me!

Ali said...

Congratulations!!!

I'm so happy for your family! A mini Heidi/Chris puts a smile on my face too! I'm still irritate over the job experience you recently suffered. Take care these next few months! I'm so happy your baby is on his or her way!!

Chrissy said...

Heidi!!!!! Yay! I'm so excited for you! Being a mom is so much fun! I love it! Guess what?! You are due 1 day after Kenzie turns 1. AND you are due ON my birthday! Ha! It's crazy that you are already that far along. Obviously you've known for a while- when did you find out? On another subject, You moved? where to? And please don't say Australia- because I'd really like to see you before that happens!

Jacci said...

Finally!!!!! Do you know how long I have been waiting for you to post about this! I too, am so excited for you! I really do hope it's a boy! I think that would be way fun! you better call me the second you find out! Talk to you soon! love you!

Katy and Rob Bodily said...

Yea!!! Congratulations. I am so happy for you guys! I hope you enjoy these next few exciting months.

Jeff and Emily said...

Yay oh yay oh yay oh yay!!!!! I'm so incredibly happy for you guys. I almost cried when I read this post. Seriously. I welled up. I'm overjoyed. Good luck with the months to come. Since you are at home you should hang out with me. I'm home sometimes too. Call me. We will do things like talk about hating meat (which I do too) and loving mac and cheese (which I do too) and I am not prego :) Talk to you soon!!

Keersten said...

So funny, so true! Congrats! I am way excited to see this kid--I can only imagine what he/she will be doing with two such talented parents!

The Williamsons said...

Congrats!!! :)

And the peeing when you sneeze thing.. doesn't go away... at least not for me.. :(

The Williamsons said...

I forgot to add, you guys are going to be such good parents!! I'm so dang excited for you!!! :)

Robyn Reynolds said...

I almost cried too! I am so excited for you guys!!!!! You will be the best parents. I took like 6 of those dollar pregnancy tests because hey their a dollar.

When I was pregnant I never wanted chocolate (weird!) and I ate so bad because bad things always tasted so good. Yay for a shower!! I want to help throw it!!!

Beth said...

I'm so glad I checked your blog today! Yea!!! I'm so happy for you and Chris. You are going to be a fun, and wonderful Mom. I'm sure your baby is going to be so cute. Your lucky you like veggies already. Want lots of details on how your doing.

mead family said...

Oh my gosh!!! That is so exciting! Congratulations. The peeing thing only gets worse after you have them (for me anyways!). You will be such a good mommy! I hope everything goes well for you. I had the same problem with my first pregnancy...we had no money and all I wanted to do was eat out. I can't wait to hear what you are having!

Lenna Hanson said...

Yeah! I am so excited for you (and Chris!) You are going to be fun parents. Let's have a shower!!! it sounds like you haven't been too sick. I hope that is the case. Let me know if I can bring you anything!
Lots of love!

Nelson's said...

Congrats!! I am so excited for you, there is nothing better than being a mom. Yes there are days that you wonder why the heck you became one but most of the time it is AWESOME. My guess is BOY no reason maybe coz I have two of my own. Good luck with everything and I hope you get feeling better soon.

Linds Forrest said...

Congrats!! That is so great!! I hope your whole pregnancy goes well!

Katie M. said...

Yay!!!!!

I am so glad you announced it. And 4 months along, girl. You're just trucking it!

Don't worry about the weird cravings. I remember my doctor once said, "whatever sounds good, do it and don't give a second thought to it"

I am so happy for you guys. how wonderful!

Jenny said...

What? You're pregnant!? :)

Congrats Prego....!

BakerBloggers-Matt & Jenny said...

I only wanted Spaghettios with Alex's pregnancy and with the twins I ate baked potatoes every day. At least you're eating! Yay you guys! More babies at the Snake!!!

Dubb Days said...

Can't wait to see your bump--your lovely lady bump!! What you gonna do when you get that junk, get that junk up in your trunk?:):)

The Lee Adventure said...

YEA!!! I am so happy for you two. Babies are awesome! I truly beleive they come when and how they are supposed to. Its a new adventure! and your right on the money about the peeing thing! :)

ChristySteed said...

I can't wait!!!! YES!!!

By the way..its' going to be a boy.

Wendy said...

Congratulations! I'm so excited for you! You will be an awesome momma! And about your post for the ice cream maker--love mine!:) congrats again!

Mo said...

That's so exciting Sister Orton! I'm soooo happy for you guys! I just ran and told my parents the news and they're really excited for you too!

Sadly, we have had no sister missionaries since you left, other than your companions who were around for a little while. And elders just don't get as excited about sliding across our floor and they don't leave us notes in the bathroom!

Anyways, WE MISS YOU!

Orton Gang said...

Wow! Lots of exitement fro your frinds Awesome!, But then you two afer great friends to everyone! Grandpa and me are overjoyed as you know this is one more experience that has brought tears, tears of joy! So glad it's out in the open now, Love you tons! Mumsy

Orton Gang said...

Wow! Lots of exitement fro your frinds Awesome!, But then you two afer great friends to everyone! Grandpa and me are overjoyed as you know this is one more experience that has brought tears, tears of joy! So glad it's out in the open now, Love you tons! Mumsy

Anonymous said...

Heidi. CONGRATS!! Ok ok I already knew ha ha. But it is still SO exciting to me. You will be the coolest parents. Love you and I miss talking to you everyday at work:(

Karson and Kami said...

I'm so excited for you guys!!!

Laura said...

Yay I am so happy for you guys!! Congrats, that is such awesome news!!!