10.05.2009

The Leaning Tower of Dishes


While my days of dreaming about a dishwasher are far from being over, I'm forced to settle with this... handwashing. Ah, the joys. Rather than drying the first half before digging into the second (which just leaves me washing dishes far longer than I'd prefer), this is the result. A literally leaning tower of dishes that, miraculously, stay put (as long as I'm strategic with the way I place them).

I guess it doesn't look too bad in this picture, but I'm really surprised, not to mention thankful, that there aren't more accidents in my kitchen (knock on wood).

5 comments:

Beth said...

I liked studying the different dishes and thinking about what you could have made. Rolling pin? Pizza, or pie?

Heather said...

You got the Stacking gene from Grandma Joyce- remember the HUGE stacks in her kitchen? At least you put yours away right away....

Andrea Harper said...

That's just down right impressive.

AND - I am having a baby shower for Talisia in November, and just wanted to let you know you'll be there. I'm not giving you a choice. So I'll be needing your address...and Nuria's and Christy's and others for that matter. But if you could just email me yours and possibly Christy's (cuz I don't want to leave a "HEY! I'm having a baby shower!" comment on her current post) that would be swell.

Thanks much :) my email is arson_01@hotmail.com

Katy and Rob Bodily said...

Congrats on finding out your baby is a boy. I may be bias, but I think little boys are the best! I can sympathize with your dish tower. For the first 3 years of our marriage we didn't have a dishwasher either.

Keersten said...

That looks SO familiar (although I have had my dishwasher for about 5 years now-yay!) I used to have one of those and a towel on the other side of the sink with more. (Because I procrastinated--a lot!)