8.04.2008

Nothin' But Crazy, But Totally Worth It

The Twilight Saga continues with Breaking Dawn released on Saturday. Jenny and I attended the release party on Friday night, amazed at what we saw. It was packed as tight as possible, with the only thing between the massive crowd were the tables and shelves piled high with reading material. We were in a bookstore, after all, so some decided to read while they waited. I'm not sure how any reading did get done with the everyone squished together like they were. With that being said - I can't imagine what the Harry Potter releases were like.

It was a wedding-themed party, "Formal wear requested by the bride and groom." There were plenty of people dressed to impress - and we joined them, just for fun. :)

There were also plenty of others that had their creative T-shirts on...

There were activities starting at 10:00 PM - Twilight Trivia and such. There were groups everywhere sitting on the floors, studying their books tediously to get the answers right.

Then came the bouquet toss... what did I tell you? Crazy, right? The winner of the toss received their copy of the book for free. 
I think everyone was a little anxious...

Then came the waiting. There were plenty of people in their formal wear, sitting in groups on the floor, waiting their turn to get in line.

Our wristband was group number 28... it was going by rather slowly, 
but someone gave up that had number 19 and gave us their place in line. Luckily. As it was, we didn't get out of 
Barnes and Noble until 1:30 AM. 

By the end of the night, here we were. 
Tired and ready to go - but it was fun while it lasted!

9 comments:

Jenny said...

Thanks for posting that! It was a lot of crazy fun! :) You rock BFF.

Dubb Days said...

Now can you understand why I wouldn't want to take my 9 week old to that!! Crazy. That is great people dressed up though--way to go!

Dubb Days said...

Love the ocd shirt. Funny no guys there! One of my friends said a guy in her ward made an I hate Edward club with shirts and everything:)

Robyn Reynolds said...

You are so funny. I bet you had a good time. Jeff got me the book on Saturday and I have about 50 more pages left. It gets pretty intense!

Unknown said...

yeah, where are the guys? Thought there would be at least one guy dressed as Edward hoping to make an impression on 1 of the bazillion female fans! You look so cute!

BakerBloggers-Matt & Jenny said...

Wow, that looks insane! Oh to be young and impetuous again... Alas, those years have forever passed me by. Drink it in Heidi, drink it in...

Heather said...

That is CRAZY!

Karson and Kami said...

lol a bookstore full of complete NERDS!! You totally fit in! ;) hehe just kiddin....or am I?

Looks a little crazy to me. But glad you had a good time and got your book!

Wendy said...

You're hardcore. I've never even heard of this series before. It probably just hasn't gotten to the AK yet!!