9.17.2008

I Would Live There If I Could

Trip number three - we only made it for a weekend, but it was worth it. We drove down on Thursday and came back on Monday, causing me to miss a test in math - one that I would have rather gotten over with, rather than push it to another day. However, we mis-judged our time and got back rather late Monday night!

Since the trips I have posted about this summer have been super long, I won't bore you with the same stuff I have in the past... then again, maybe I will. What's the point in taking a bunch of pictures if you're not going to share them? :)


This is our boat. 
We had an awesome spot, other than the fact that we lost sun around 1:00 in the afternoon. The shade was nice, but it just came so soon. 

We had fun playing in the water of course - this is the classic King of the Raft, with everyone trying to stand up at the same time. 

All the girls - kind of a dark picture. Angela, me, my mom, Heather, Kami and Cessna.

My nephew Lance playing with my cousin Karson

My niece Cessna and her new "boyfriend" Isaac. They even told us one day they were on a date. They took a package of ritz crackers, easy cheese, and sat themselves at a table on top of the boat. I'm not sure if it's proper etiquette to fight over food on a date, but they seemed to enjoy each other's company other than when it came to sharing.

Lance caught his first fish! He was quite proud of himself, too. He caught about a dozen of these little guys. He was so excited to hold it.

Cute little Lance

My quirky dad, who happens to be Lance's whole world.

Walter, Karson and Chris goofing around... those are marshmallows in their mouths, in case you couldn't tell.

This year was the first that the Baker clan came with us. These two kids are hilarious, and Jenny is pregnant with twins - another boy, and their first girl!

And of course, what's a trip to Lake Powell without the Molecule?
The boys posing before taking off

Six boys this time around: Ben, McKay, my dad, Walter, Karson (hidden) and Chris.

I made this one especially large. I hope you can see my dad's face. Classic!

Lookin' sweet... Karson, Walter, Chris, Ben and Brent

Chris with his pirate cape

Me being a dork

Wally - also being a dork :) He bought a bunch of temporary tattoos for everyone to plaster themselves with; as you can see, he has more than his fair share.

Angela, Zak, Walter, me, Chris, Kami and Karson before a wakeboarding run

Zak

Angela - who happens to always plug her nose when she goes down.

Chris

And this is our beach. It was quite large; this isn't even half of it. 
On this particular day, we had a sort of Lake Powell "Olympics," if you will. It began with a volleyball game.

Posing after the game

Next was an obstacle course. That's my father in the next picture, jumping the hula-hoop in the middle.
And the winners are...

Please enjoy Lance's face in the front. It looks like they are tears of joy from winning!

Winners in the men's division: 1st: Karson, 2nd: Walter, 3rd: Chris
Winners in the women's division: 1st: Me, 2nd: Kami, 3rd: Mom

Next was a self-defense class, taught by Ben, also known as "tley." (The end of his name. It was a nickname acquired just on the trip. Don't ask.) Ben is my cousin Julie's husband. Great guy.

This is myself and my sister Heather learning how to defend ourselves. I happened to be the "attacker" in this one.

And this is how I ended up. Note to self: don't mess with Heather!

Ben and Chris wrestling

Ben and Walter wrestling

Next was a large Tug-of-War. This was where most of the competition was. We had quite a few evenly-matched people going at it.

It's a good thing I was in the front. I wasn't worth much to my side.

Next, the tough chicks wanted to compete against each other.

This is Kami and I against Julie and my mom. They won. Until we got Heather. Again: you don't want to mess with Heather!

Lance wanted in on the fun - who wouldn't want to play with this cute little guy in a onsie?

Next, we decided to get couples to compete against each other. 
This is Jeff and Heather
Jeff ended up on the ground, his feet swept underneath him from digging so hard in the sand... they lost. Because even though Heather is tough, they are no match to Julie and Ben.

Julie and Ben are champs! They beat everyone who dared to try.

Julie and Ben (on the far side) against Angela and Zak. Zak's trying to make a run for it...

Karson and Kami

Mom and Dad

Me and Chris

We had a blast this year. This is the end of this season... can't wait for next!

These videos are from various parts of the weekend. The highlight for Karson was when he landed a backflip on the wakeboard for the first time. I'm lucky I recorded it!

And, for some unknown reason, almost the entire weekend was spent using english accents. That's what the long video is all about - we wanted to say hi to the Douberley's in Florida. 
Wish you were here!







10 comments:

Robyn Reynolds said...

You're so lucky. That looks so fun. I need a vacation in the sun.

Heather said...

So Wonderful!
This trip really was very enjoyable. It was great company, great relaxation, plenty of fun.
All the perfect combinations to make a Lake Powell trip perfect!
I love you- thanks for the sweet comments. You are right though- I may look unassuming, but don't mess with me or I will mess you up! HA HA

Right- cheer-eo dear, fish and chips, and Bobs your Uncle :)

Unknown said...

i'm considering not following your blog anymore! Every time I read I end up with a case of JEALOUSY! lol, so sad ur not my VT partner anymore (waaah!) is there hope for friendship after VT partnering? lol

Calli Hayman said...

Seriously you are so lucky! I love Lake Powell more then Hawaii and i NEVER get to go anymore!! We used to go once a year when i was younger but now i haven't been in like 6 years! It depresses me to think about that. . . i so jealous of you! :o)

Karson and Kami said...

I always look forward to everyone's posts after Lake Powell! I'm glad that Karson and I stayed the rest of the time. I admit it was a super fun trip. The boys had me and Heather in stitches from laughing so hard all night. I love when I laugh that hard. I'm jealous you caught that video of Karson landing the backflip. I'll have to steal it and save it for him. He'll be excited. :)

Dubb Days said...

I think this trip looks like the funnest of the three. Were you guys up a bit late in that last video. you spazzes! I am glad it was fun even without me:) Oh and I guess you must be the weakest of uss three because I am sure I would have beat you as well. We will have to see in 7 weeks:)

Beth said...

Cute blog!!! Loved reading about your fun, family, trip. I know that your family is alot of fun from watching all your family movies on your mission. Loved seeing your cute face on Friday. I'm excited to peak in on your life once in awhile now with your blog!

Orton Gang said...

Great pics Heidi, Great pics of everyone wake boarding. That is awesome that you caught Karson's Flip! You girls are such great bloggers, Thanks for taking the time to share. I'm so glad you and Chris coudl come even if it was for the weekend Love you!

BakerBloggers-Matt & Jenny said...

Thanks for letting us tag along. We had a great time for our first time at Lake Powell! The Orton's sure know how to have a good time.

Katy and Rob Bodily said...

I have decided you have the best job ever. How do you get so much time off work to go on such fun trips. Lucky Lady!!