11.06.2008

Cool or Annoying?

While I think the idea for this clock is rather smart, one of my coworkers pointed out that it may put you in a bad mood when you wake up. This alarm clock lets you hit the snooze button once. The second time it rings, it wheels itself off your nightstand and steers itself across the room, forcing you to get up to turn it off. 


Would this really work for anyone? I have a problem in getting up in the morning. Even if I get up, say to go to the bathroom, I do have a tendency to climb back in bed - even if I only have ten minutes until it's time to get up. Of course, I'm not usually able to fall back asleep in ten minutes, leaving me wanting to hit the snooze when that alarm makes its debut - just so I can have extra time in my warm bed... and there have been mornings when I have hit the alarm maybe 4 times. Possibly more. yeah - 40 or so minutes is a lot of time! Do I have a problem? Maybe one of these could come in handy for me... what do you think? I do need to come up with a solution (and I have tried setting goals for myself... it doesn't work out too well) - and I just don't want to admit that the solution is simple... 
stop being lazy!

7 comments:

mead family said...

That is hilarious! I can just see half asleep people chasing around an alarm clock! My alarm clock is my kids. You have to wake up for them.

Gerber Family said...

Heidi, thanks for your post. I never knew that your moms fetish with feet would rub off on me, except I still don't have a fetish with feet, haha. Also, my wife read your post and asked if that was the Heidi that always sent me cookies back in the day. I thought it was pretty funny too.

Jenny said...

I think you should just have Chris give you a nice push out of bed in the morning. That way, as you're falling to the floor, you'll wake up because you'll be so upset at him. What a great way to start the day huh?

Or maybe I should have Neil and Will come over every morning without their shirts on and cook you breakfast. Trust me, you'll be jumping out of bed!!!

Katie M. said...

that's kinda freaky. It's like it has its own little mind.

Uh uh. I'm all about the cell phone alarm clock. Plus, that thing it ugly from an aesthetics standpoint.

Karson and Kami said...

lol that's a great idea! I would get soooo irritated with it though that I'd for sure end up smashing it once I did get up and catch it! Luckily I don't have to wake up by alarm very often.

Laura said...

Clever idea but I think I would throw it out the window if I had one of those. I think I would love one that was a light that gradually gets lighter and is fully lit when it is time to get up...

Linds Forrest said...

That is hilarious! I love it!! Agreed it would make some irritable mornings, but that is too funny!