11.13.2008

Tradition

About half way through my mission, my companion Sister Wilson and I were in a district in Selma, California. We had some zone leaders that brought some treats to district meeting one week that were pretty good. They told us the next week was our turn. We took turns for a few weeks, each companionship trying to out-do each other. So we decided to bring donuts - homemade. Still to this day, the elders think they won. But we know the truth. Nothing beats homemade donuts.

We decided that we wanted to make it a tradition. Each year, around this time, we make them. And this year was our fourth year. 

Amanda and her new husband Jeff came over, and we caught up on new things, reminisced about old, and enjoyed our time together.

Amanda, Jeff and I

The newly-weds

My niece Cessna and Jeff, coating the donuts with sugar

There were a lot more than this made, but they were gone that night.

I think everyone liked them. Especially my nephew Lance. :)

Amanda is like another sister. 
We love her so much - and we can't wait until next year! 
Holly, you better be here too!

My sisters Heather and Holly (Holly lives in Florida) with me and Amanda

9 comments:

Jenny said...

Got any left overs for tonight? Those look yummy. The fetus is hungry! :)JK....fetus sounds weird now that she's a 5 lb. baby!!!

Heather said...

Nice open mouth I have with Lance- thanks for putting that one in there Heider!
My post from the week is done, check it out! I had way more pictures, but I had to limit them :)

mead family said...

Mmm...what a good tradition! Homeade donuts sound so good! I have been wanting to find a good recipe for some and I haven't been able to yet. Feel free to share:)(If it's not a secret)

Laura said...

Mmm...sounds so yummy! What a fun night!

Karson and Kami said...

Yummm...youll have to tell me how to make them so I can make some for Karson. He'd love me so much if I did that! lol

Unknown said...

Oh boy those look D-Lish!!

Julie said...

I think you've been holding out on me. I never knew you were such a pastry chef.

BakerBloggers-Matt & Jenny said...

Treats are always a great tradition!

Beth said...

I wanna come!!!