11.24.2008

Twilight Review



I first want to say that everyone who goes to this movie thinking critically and analyzing everything is going to hate it. The film was low budget, they only had two hours to tell the story, and it was a movie - how could it be expected to match up with the book?

That being said, I thought it was well done for what they did have. Sure, there were a few downers. For one, the Cullens were all ghostly white, with Jasper looking almost on the verge of Edward Scissor hands. Not all of the special effects were all that "special," and it was a little hard to get used to the camera work. But overall, I thought is was good. It's just a fun movie... if you're looking for anything more than that, you'll be disappointed.


I thought Bella, although she was dramatic in some parts, was well cast. Edward was perfect, and I really enjoyed their chemistry together. I wasn't a fan of the villians, however. 
Laurent was okay, but James and Victoria killed it.

It made $70.6 million dollars this weekend, and they've already announced that the second book, New Moon, will be made into a movie. My only hope is that they will fix the flaws and do well on that one, too.

4 comments:

mead family said...

I loved it! I thought James was so freaky and Jasper looked a little goofy. But I loved Edward and Bella. Actually I loved all of it and was so sad when it was over. I can't wait for the next one!

Ali said...

amen sister!!!

happy late b-day Chris!! Wish we couldve been there!

Karson and Kami said...

Well, Karson picks apart EVERY movie, so he'll probably hate it. I'm sure we will just wait until it comes out on PPV or DVD to see it.

Julie said...

Funny- I loved Victoria but thought most of the others were bad actors. I was bummed. It didn't stop me from going the second night and I will say it was a little better. We'll have to discuss when I come next week.