7.28.2009

Guess I Wasn't The Favorite That Day...

While at Lake Powell, my six-year-old niece took on the liberty of painting our toenails as we all cringed a bit at the sight of them. Smeared and multi-colored, we watched her enjoy herself, and, as a result, felt happy that she was so happy. 

Enter Lance. As he always does, her three-year-old brother wanted to do what Cessna was doing. I got lucky... he happened to choose the clear on my toes. My cousin Maddie didn't get off so easily. Her silver toes ended up looking like one big nail when he was done with them.


After he did the same to my aunt, and spilling some on the floor in the process, I told him it was time to put them away. He looked at me with a blank face.

Me: "We'll get them out later, ok? You did a really good job. Let's put them away now."

Lance: "I don't like you."

Hmm... guess I can't make everyone happy.

1 comment:

Heather said...

What can I say- my kids are characters!

And don't worry Heidi I have gotten the "I don't like you" from both of my kids too many times to count and looking forward to too many more.

Remember my Habit- I get angry easily.
I don't like you in my family is code for I Love You :]