8.16.2010

Blessings

Jack has certainly been a blessing in our lives. It was a blessing for me to even have a baby in the first place... and being six weeks early, it was a blessing he did so well in the hospital and is still thriving today. Each day I look into his beautiful blue eyes and see that killer smile, I can't believe how blessed I am.

It is a blessing to have the priesthood in my home. It is a blessing to belong to a church that allows me to be sealed with my family forever. And it is a blessing that Jack is ours, never to leave us, even after this life is through.

On August 1st, Chris gave him a blessing. I felt different than I've ever felt that day - it was special; significant. I'll never forget that morning as I dressed him in the suit Chris wore on his blessing day. It was a perfect fit at Jack's six months, though Chris was only two months old when he was blessed. He also seemed to know what was going on, catching our enthusiasm and getting excited with us. He was perfect throughout the blessing and the entire day.

We are blessed to have the support we do from everyone we know, and blessed to have made the decisions we have to lead us to this point in our lives.

How grateful we are for this new blessing and addition to our family.
He means everything to us.


4 comments:

Heather said...

He is a Blessing! I love him- and you!

Jenny said...

Chris gave the sweetest blessing...it was so touching. Thanks for letting us be a part of it. We love the little man and we love you guys too!

Keersten said...

What a sweet post. I'm glad it was wonderful, you guys deserve all the best! I was so sad that I had to dash down to primary and didn't get to say hi to you guys at Pat's report. We should get together for a park lunch or something soon!

Carma said...

Heidi!

What an adorable boy! I'm so happy for you all. I'm so glad that your little one is doing so well now.

And I'm super glad to have your blog site. It's fun to hear about your mom and adventures and see all of your pictures. If you ever want to pop over to ours, it's travisandcarma.blogspot.com