8.23.2010

Snake River 2010

This year's trip to the Snake was fully equipped with family, friends and, of course, more junk food than I should have eaten.... what more could you ask for?

Maybe... a cute baby in a life vest?
There was one of those, too.


Jack loved chillin' with his dad, and he loved the campfire.

He rarely gets upset when he's anywhere outside, but when he does...

We've got his bug net to cover his play pen so he can enjoy some sleep in the cool air. :)

This year also included an authentic ritual for Jack's umbilical hernia... apparently, there is a country in South America where if the older brother of the mother (me) presses his big toe into the umbilical hernia of her baby just gently, it is supposed to be gone within a week. This was our attempt...

Getting him ready.

His belly button before...

TJ's big toe, about to go in...

P.S.... his umbilical hernia is still there, and it's been a month.
Eh, it was worth a shot, right?

So, Jack's first camping trip was a hit. He did amazing. Chris and I were able to enjoy several runs, for which we are grateful - the Snake isn't the same without some good hits on the river... which we also got. Perhaps more than our fair share. I was the "bow hound" for the first time in my life.... and there is nothing, I think, more scary than looking into the mouth of Big Kahuna. Unfortunately, I couldn't get a picture, but trust me... yikes.

But, as always, we come away ready for more.... and we can't wait for next year!

5 comments:

Janet Dillon Robinson said...

Oh my goodness.. I read Big Kahuna and my heart started to race! :) Oh how I love white water rafting... I have lost the fearlessness associated with my younger days, not sure I'd live through a white water trip anymore! lol I'm an old lady at 25, this is not good.

I'm glad you had a wonderful trip! The pictures are amazing!!!

Jenny said...

Love that outfit! It was one of my favorites! Little Jack is sooooooo cute! Can he marry Lily? Please? :) Looks like you guys had a great time! I'm jealous you were able to go!

BTW...I have some pictures for you!

Heather said...

Oh my goodness! Love me some baby Jack in life jacket- SO CUTE!
My favorite one is the last picture- he is the cutest thing EVER!
I just want to SMOOCH that sweet face forever!

Misty said...

Hi there. I was just cruising blogspot checking out people's blogs. First off, your baby is beautiful! Absolutely adorable! Second, I was curious to know at what elevation you were at Snake River. The hubs and I want to take a camping trip some time next month with our 9 month old, but want to make sure she won't have trouble with elevation. Just curious...

Misty said...

LOL, Heidi. I wasn't asking about taking the baby down the river. Lord knows I would probably not do very well. I was asking at what elevation you were. 8,000 feet? 6,000 feet? It's all good though because I asked the Dr today when we went for her 9 month checkup and the dr said she should be fine at even a 10,000 foot elevation. I look forward to seeing more cute pics of your baby boy.