10.05.2010

5th Annual Doughnut Night

I don't see this girl nearly enough.
Amanda and I served together for exactly six weeks while on our mission. Six weeks that, I can say with confidence, were the best of either of our entire 18 months.

In November of 2005, we showed the elders up and brought the winning treats - the end to a competition that had been happening for weeks. Since then, we've made it tradition to make them every year around that time. So, this should be our sixth year running... but, much to our dismay, we missed 2009. Here are highlights from what we hope to be the first of two donut-nights this year (our attempt to catch up). It's always a good time.

This time we had the men step up to the challenge of making them,

And there were a few other "helpers" as well...

While Cessna enjoyed eating them more than anything,
constantly asking her mom for more...
Lance was loving being able to make his own.
Me with my sister Heather, rocking her apron and looking fabulous as always.

The finished products... mmm mmm good.
Looking forward to November...

4 comments:

Ali said...

Mmmmmm! Looks good!! What a perfect fall treat. (I was going to say meal but I thought I ought to tone down my love for the doughnut).

amanda said...

yes, November it is. let's be sure to do it at the beginning, so things don't get too busy with Thanksgiving!!! love you....i don't see you enough either. we should remedy that.

Orton Gang said...

Yummy! I am glad you make them here so we can eat a bunch!!! Thanks!

Misty said...

Yummage! Good thing I don't know how to make homemade donuts or I would be as big as a house. They look so good!