10.15.2010

Because...

Don't you hate it when one person ruins it for everyone else?

Recently, while looking at who reads my blog, Chris noticed that I had a follower who, not only we didn't know, was rather disturbing... let's just say that a (rather unflattering, I might add... though I realize that doesn't matter) image of a naked woman for a profile picture leaves nothing to the imagination as to what kind of person they are.

In total frustration, I switched to private in the moment. Being the kind of person that thinks the best of people, I was rather disturbed when thinking about what kind of people actually may come across my blog and see our family... and though I keep many things private about who I am, where I live, etc... I suddenly had trust issues.

I like to keep my blog open - because I enjoy it when random viewers can come across a blog they like, and come back to read because they happen to like the way I write or the stories I tell - much like I go to others' blogs for the same reason.

It's people who choose to use profanity in their profile name next to a dirty picture that I want to keep out. And, for that reason, I have chosen to switch my blog to private for the time being.

I have sent a few invitations out already, so to those who have already accepted, thank you for reading and for being non-creepy. You don't need to leave your email here. To others who haven't received an invite - I either didn't know you look at my blog, or I don't have your email. Please leave it if you'd like to continue viewing. Thanks to this unfortunate viewer, this blog will be private again soon...

...Because there are just too many weirdos out there.

22 comments:

Misty said...

I would very much like to continue to follow your blog. I made mine private as well. I just started thinking about all the people out there who have access to it (the weirdos anyway) and I so love and want to protect my baby girl that I decided to switch to private. My email is myall4christ@yahoo.com (I think you only read mine once or twice but if you care to continue feel free to send me your e-mail address and I will add you).

Olivia said...

Add me please! Olivia@clockwatch.org

Lindsey said...

Sad! I would love to keep up with your cute little family! lbarfuss@gmail.com

Karlee Turner said...

I keep going back and forth about this myself. It's sad :(

my email is karleeburton@hotmail.com

Heather said...

I would love to keep viewing your blog! I actually just made mine private too. I can't remember if I sent you an invite or not, but if not you can send your email address to my email at heatherm.mclean@gmail.com

Annie M. W. said...

Thank you old man! I miss you, and your beautiful little family is lookin so good!!!!

Nelson's said...

I too would like to follow your blog. It has been fun getting to see your cute family. My email address is cgnelson4@gmail.com
If you dont recognize the email it me!
Katie Nelson AKA Katie Erickson

JeSs said...

jessica.jewett@yahoo.com!

Mecham Family said...

It's sad that in the world today it is the few that ruin it for the many. We would like to still read your blog. lilybugsmommy@yahoo.com

Elizabeth said...

liz.shakespear@gmail.com

Tracy Cornia said...

I would like to keep reading your blog. My email is ccornia@hotmail.com. Thanks Tracy

carlbolin said...

Please count me in. carlbolin@sbcglobal.net

Carly said...

Heidi....I hope we get to make the cut. :)
carlyjanell@gmail.com

Michelle and Justin Cavender said...

Add me! I love reading your blog! michelle.bansheebabe@gmail.com

anoyce said...

Hey! I'd love to keep following your blog. My email is amynoyce@yahoo.com. Thanks! (And down with creepy people!)

The DeGracie's said...

I want to read it! tami.degracie@struckaxiom.com! Love you!

The Reeds said...

sjgalaxy@yahoo.com :)

Carma said...

Oo, oo, can I keep reading too? I love catching up on your family!

cmviola@gmail.com

Wendy said...

sad to hear that! I would like to continue to get updates on your little family! wsomsen@gmail.com.

Katy and Rob Bodily said...

katybodily@hotmail.com

Calli Hayman said...

snowbunnie13@gmail.com :o)

Beesley Family said...

add me!! toribeesley@gmail.com

That is so creepy!