12.16.2008

More Fat Please....

Why are holiday treats more addicting than others throughout the year? Is it because they are made for the season, therefore I allow myself to eat more? I mean, what is it about this time of year that makes chowing down on sweets more enjoyable?


My favorite holiday treats?
Peppermint Bark and Caramels. Can't beat 'em.


Fattening? Yes. 

And yet, I don't feel bad that I down what might as well be gallons of homemade caramels every December, or splurge continuously when there is peppermint bark in front of me. 

Even more embarrassing - a friend at work received some peppermint bark as a thank you/Christmas gift from a client. I told him if he wouldn't share with me, I'd be forced to confiscate some from him.  Apparently my problem doesn't stop at eating the goodies...  it's taking them too.

Isn't it quite fascinating, what holiday treats can do to you?

8 comments:

mead family said...

Seriously! I do the same thing. I can't stop munching on sweets! My Mom and Dad brought us a plateful of cookies last night and I've eaten almost all of them. I don't know what it is, maybe it helps relieve the stress that the holidays can bring?

Carly said...

i currently have a large strip of homemade caramel in front of me! aahhhh!!!!

my name is Carly, and I'm an addict.....

Heather said...

I think it is because everybody whips out the "good stuff" around the holidays. Every other treat seems lame next to "Holiday" ones. Another 5 lbs here I come!

Andrea Harper said...

Ah yes. And then we all get to make New Years resolutions to get rid of the evidence...so FUN! Or, not.

Anonymous said...

I KNOW and I'm going on a cruise in January thanks alot more fat for my fat belly

Robyn Reynolds said...

Holiday season is definitely not diet season. I am the biggest candy lover. That peppermint bark is so good!

The Lee Adventure said...

I so feel ya, But really it only comes once a year!! so I say what the hey enjoy!!

MLH said...

It is sure lucky you are a cute little package Heidi!!!