12.18.2008

What Can I Say?

I have been catching up on my "blog hopping" or whatever you choose to call it... I decided to go through my list and it was a great idea for two big reasons:

1) I found lots of yummy holiday recipes (like I need more junk...)
and
2) I discovered, again, just how wonderful my life is.

While it may be a bit odd to discover while looking at someone 
else's life that yours is so great, this is what I realized today.

I was reminded that I have so many incredible friends who will always be friends. Amazing family whom I couldn't live without. A computer and the internet which allows me to have constant contact with my loved ones, all the time. A job, a husband, a roof over my head and money (if only a little bit) to spend on others this season. The ability to read the endless meaningful Christmas stories that bring the soul warmth (The Christmas Box, Christmas Jars), and a TV to watch those movies that make you want to be a better person (It's a Wonderful Life, A Christmas Carol). Life is good. If nothing else this year, please recognize all of your blessings and where they come from

It's when we think of the Savior and others that we really remember the reason for the season.

Here's to wishing it were nice,
Here's to wishing it were warm,
Here's to wishing we were ready
To say, "bring on the storm."

But of course, we should remember
What Christmas is for,
A season given to the Lord,
How could we ask for more?

Our wish to you this time of year
Is just to sit in thought,
Recall your many blessings and
Forget the things you've sought.

Remember those in need
And who could use a helping hand,
Perhaps someone needing your love
More than you'll understand.

So make this Christmas special,
And please, be quick to give
And know you're special to the one
Who died that we might live.

Love you all. Merry Christmas.

12 comments:

The Jensen's said...

I wish I was half the friend to you that you have always been to me! Thank you for your comment on my blog it's funny how I really needed to hear that today and you were inspired to write it! I love you Heidi Ho! Merry Christmas!

Heather said...

Very touching. It is so important that we remember other's every year, but especially this year. Everyone is struggling and times are so tough for so many.
Thank you for being my beautiful, wonderful Sister- and one of my greatest examples. I'll hold off on some of my comments- I still need to write your letter!
I Love You HO!

JeSs said...

Thank you! It would be so fun to double! We are coming up to utah in jan or feb, so we should totally plan it! I am sending out your card today or tomorrow! SO...look out for it! I am so late on getting them out this year! Yikes! LOVE YA!

Carly said...

Oh, Heidi, I love you! I hope you will be to the party on Monday! I need to see you.

MLH said...

This post shows your heart... a wonderful tender heart.

Merry Christmas to you and Chris!

Robyn Reynolds said...

That is so true. You are always such an inspiration. I am excited to see you Monday!

mead family said...

Thank you for your comment on my blog, I commented back to you on there if you haven't already seen it. This was a really sweet post. I love this time of year, but sometimes I get too focused on unimportant things. Like is my gift going to be good enough for this person and I wonder what people are going to get me, I hopes it's good! But I always need to stop and remember what really matters and that I am so blessed with everything I have. So thank you for the reminder. Also, I am totally going to come to your book club. What book are you going to be doing? I'm excited. It would be so much fun to see you again, it's seriously been forever! Also, I'm sorry I don't have many pictures of me on my blog, I'm just usually the one taking the pictures. I promise to get a good one of me over Christmas.

Dubb Days said...

That was nice Heiders! I too have been realizing how blessed we really are this season. Writing my letters to my family made me realize that even more--bet you can't wait to read mine:)
love you!

Jacci said...

you are so cute! Thank you for the Christmas card! did you make those yummy treats? I need some treat making lessons from you! love the scarf too! very impressive! does he want to teach corey?

Karson and Kami said...

Awww, what a sweet post! I think this is the best time of year to sit back and really take the time to enjoy the IMPORTANT things in life. I love this time of year.

We got your Christmas Card. Your faces were smudged :( But you guys are still cute. Must have gotten messed up during shipping since it was a post card. Thanks for keeping us in your list!

Orton Gang said...

what can i say! my wonderfull heidi rocks she always tells it from the heart! love you dad..

Aimee & Patrick said...

Hey Heidi. You look so good! I know what you mean about 'Blog Hopping'. All my friends are on here, and I was always looking at everyones. So Amber finally sat down and made me one. :) How are you doing? How long have you been married?