12.04.2008

Tag... Again

I guess it's my time for tags... the truth is, not only am I bad about doing long ones, but I don't always check everyone's blog... so I was actually tagged to do this in October. Oops! Sorry, Danielle. But here you go, my 4th picture in my album.


These are my parents, Tracy and Shelly. In my opinion (of course, I am biased - but I know a lot of people that would agree), you couldn't find a more fun couple to be around. I am so grateful for my parents and for everything they have done for me. I would not be where I am today without the love, support, and friendship they have provided me my entire life.

This picture was taken at the John Mayer concert this summer. Just one of the reasons why I love them: they have fun! They go to concerts with us and dance and laugh and aren't afraid to have a good time. This is how it's been through all my 25 years.

Here are ten of the many reasons why I love these people:
  1. They love music. I recall almost every saturday morning waking up to music blasting downstairs. They introduced me to the classics: The Eagles, Styx, the Beatles, Heart, Michael Jackson, Garth Brooks, and more bands than I can mention.
  2. My dad's a drummer. How is that not cool?
  3. My mom is willing at any time to go hiking up ensign peak, no matter what the hour (I don't doubt that at some point or another, we went in the wee hours of the morning).
  4. They taught me about Jesus Christ and the restoration of the gospel.
  5. They supported me on my mission.
  6. Even though looking back I realize we didn't have much as kids (we've lived in a couple of trailers), we never felt that way.
  7. They are always there to listen and laugh or cry with.
  8. They give and give and give. My sister and I counted once how many individual people they have taken into their home. I believe it was 35. 35 people who had a place to live because of the kindness of their hearts. And this was several years ago; there have been even more over those years.
  9. My mom is a never-ending energizer bunny.
  10. I am alive because they took the time to take care of me when I had cancer... how any parent could live through that, I can't even imagine!
Thank you for everything, mom and dad. I love you.

I tag: 
Holly, Tami, Katie Miller, Paige F, and Anna Mead

7 comments:

Nick & Danielle said...

Sorry! I've gone and come back from NYC. I would have gotten you a purse if I'd of known. We got kicked out of one of the purse stores on Canal Street. It was a little. As for this month, I'm busy every weekend but maybe sometime during the week we can get together.

BakerBloggers-Matt & Jenny said...

So I am totally unbiased and I agree- your parents are awesome. How else do you explain our cruise? We had 4 couples in their twenties and thirties and then your parents. Yet they totally fit in and were more fun than the rest of us. Love them!

Carly said...

Speaking of your parents, I saw your mom tonight at the Festival of Trees, but she was across the hall before Talya or I could say hello. LOVE them!

Karson and Kami said...

I got tagged to do this same thing and I still haven't done it. I'm horrible and tags.

Your parent's really are wonderful people!! I'm so glad they are my uncle and aunt in-law :)

Heather said...

Our parents Rock! (literally)

Orton Gang said...

Thanks so much for all the wonderful things you said about us. We love you so much and have so much fun rocking with all of you throughout the years. I am actually sitting on Dad's lap and we have just read this together. Everyone else thank you for your great comments as well. The Orton Gang has the best friends!

Dubb Days said...

Yes we do have some great parents, huh! That is too bad you tagged me. I get to it when I feel like playing:) What do I do again? My fourth picture in what album?