1.26.2011

Jack's First Christmas

As suspected, Christmas with a child is quite different. For me, it meant more, because the birth of the Savior signifies another life He lived and died for... my own child. I am eternally grateful for the sacrifice of Jesus Christ, which will be something I can only hope to instill in Jack's mind as he grows older.

Though I believe that the magic that accompanies the tradition of Santa Claus is real, Christmas is exponentially better when we keep in mind what it's really all about. The month of December 2010 was a busy one at our house. With running to and fro, we didn't get as much time to reflect on it was much as I would have liked. Supposing there's always room for improvement, I will work on that for 2011.

We did have lots of fun though, Jack's first time around...

At the Orton Christmas party earlier in the month, Jack sat on Santa's lap and was a bit confused... but loved ripping open the paper and happily placed it into his mouth.


Since we knew he wouldn't be much into anything but the paper, we decided he didn't need more than a couple of things. However, I can't say the same for his grandparents; we had one spoiled boy on our hands... which was okay since he didn't know what was going on.

And, despite the Jolly Santa suit, it was not hard to guess what the anything-but-jolly face he made upon placing him in his car seat (which he despises) meant.
How mean we are.

But, he had fun upon arriving to our destinations.

As usual, we spent Christmas Eve at the Lewis home where we ate our traditional meal of spaetzle and stroganoff, which we always look forward to. Christmas day was at the Orton home, After the early morning at our house, opening presents with Jack.

Our happy little tree on Christmas morning. I have cried twice in the past upon opening presents on Christmas morning, and this year was one of them. My rockin' awesome husband got me a Nook. LOVE. It.

Chris and Jack, in his Christmas PJ's from Nana and Papa.

Unfortunately, I wasn't thinking about snapping many still-shot pictures with a video camera in hand on Christmas. Therefore, the still-shots I did get from the video camera are grainy.

I guess we, and especially Jack, were having too much fun to worry about pictures.

Tickle-Me-Elmo was much too interesting...
Not to mention, kissable.

Good, good, good times.

2 comments:

Heather said...

Such a cute jr St. Nick.

Unknown said...

Do you love, love, love your Nook? I love keeping up with your cute family. I also have some fun pictures for you from Lake Powell. I'll give them to your mom and dad when we see them next week.