4.25.2011

Goodbye Binkie

Whether it was time or not to cut the cord, we did it.
This is week two of a binkie-free household... and while it's been hard (not only for Jack, but also for Chris and myself), the crying now only lasts about ten minutes instead of thirty when it's time for sleep.

I still find myself looking for his binkie when I put him down - but I can't say how nice it is not to rely on it anymore!

For now, we still have an unhappy boy when it's time for bed. We're hoping that won't last much longer.
(Notice the unruly mane... this kid's hair gets pretty wild.)

For now, he likes to stick anything else in his mouth and keep it there for a while. We don't mind, since he's not attached to anything the way he was to his binkie. I'm not sure we'd like to go through this process again... I guess until the next kid comes along.

I will say that because Jack has only been sleeping with it since he turned one, and not having it at all while awake, I think the transition has been a little smoother. And that gives us something to smile about.

9 comments:

Heather said...

Oh how I LOVE that Smile!!

Heather said...

Oh how I LOVE that Smile!!

Karson and Kami said...

Well, he still has his crib to munch on at least ;) hehe. I actually bought some crib rail guards that match my baby bedding the other day. They are really cute AND will protect the crib and her :)

Laura said...

That is exactly what we did! Noah was a little older though and he told us his bink was broken. Ha ha. The pic of Jack crying is so sweet, what a cutie!!

Shelene Orton said...

How sad is that picture of him in his crib! Then the ending with that contagious smile of his makes up for it! What a darling grandson we have.. Way to stick it out! I have noticed from when our grandkiddos have been here and their parents are needing to let them scream it out, it is a lot harder then when I did it with our own kiddos. Those cuties!!

Shelene Orton said...

Just like when I get off the phone I think of ine more thing to say and call back! I love the cord comparison! Good one Heider!

Dubb Days said...

Way to be! You stuck to your guns!

How cute is that face!

Katie M. said...

Woah, nice font change there on the blog Heidi E. It's well, Crazy and so "handwriting-ish". I don't feel like I'm even reading a BLOG!

I like Jack. His dimples are making me blush.

Aunt Lorie said...

That picture of Jack crying in his crib makes me want to go buy him a new binky! What a cutie! I am so happy I got to see him yesterday! :)