4.21.2011

Oh, What Do You Do When It's Nice Outside?

Since, unfortunately, the nice days are few and far in between at this time of year in Utah, it's hard to remember what the days are like when it's warm outside... and it's hard to believe that the warm weather will ever come to stay.

For example: the following pictures of our driveway were taken on April 3rd; the previous day's high temperature was 65 degrees. Talk about disgusting.
The branches of the trees in these pictures are maybe two feet from the ground. Needless to say, when we're lucky enough to have the sun shining, we take advantage.

Jack loves to take walks. He normally doesn't like to be stuck in the stroller, but he loves it when we're moving.

Or just hang around outside. He prefers the pavement to the grass. Must be the texture?

Or play with friends... meet Owen and Dawson.
These three were all supposed to be two months apart. Dawson (below middle), was born on January 26th. We were all surprised when Jack came two days later when he was due in March - leaving us waiting for Owen's arrival in May.

They have fun together (as much as they can have at a year old. Because us moms are such good friends, we are determined for them to be best buddies. We hope they will continue to like to be around each other as they grow up).

We love being outside. Jack loves anything to do with it (except, of course, the grass. Hopefully he will be cured of that soon).We can't wait until the warm weather decides to stay!

10 comments:

Laura said...

Ohhh so nice to have a few sunny warmish days! Your day at the park looked like fun. Darling to see the three baby friends together!! Your snowy driveway looks very festive for Christmas- come on spring/summer!!! How fun with your KitchenAid!!!! Happy baking to you!!

Jacci said...

that is so cute! I love our boys! Yay for the kitchenaid!! I love it!

Dubb Days said...

Yes that snow is disgusting, but so are the roaches in my kitchen : )

Love the boy on the merry go round! Oh are they going to be causing trouble soon. Swords, gus, super heroes--yahoo!!

He will get to where he likes the grass. At least there you can put him on the grass with out fear of a fireant attacking him!

Lisa said...

I love the pics! Hopefully we can have more of days at the park soon.

Ann and Bryndon said...

The new look of your blog is adorable! I really like it! And if you and Jack ever want to come play with me outside, I'd love it, even if I don't have a friend for Jack to play with yet. :)

Heather said...

I love the up close picture of you and Jack- so cute! I also love the new look on the blog, the family picture up top is adorable. I need a copy for my fridge!

Karson and Kami said...

I bet it's so fun having friends who have kids the same age as yours!

I agree with Heather on the blog, love the font of your writing. I need to figure out how to change the font on mine!

Shelene Orton said...

Boys will Be Boys! so cute! I am Jack has some friends to play with! pretty pictures of the snow even if we are so done with it!

Shelene Orton said...

Boys will Be Boys! so cute! I am Jack has some friends to play with! pretty pictures of the snow even if we are so done with it!

Aunt Lorie said...

Cute pictures Heidi-Ho! Wait until these 3 boys can really get that ride spinning!