5.12.2008

Happenings...

Before I bombard you with pictures from Mother's Day, I will give you an update of the week. Last week was kind of a whirl-wind, but ended up great with a long weekend.

On Tuesday night we went to look at a car we found on ksl.com. We fell in love! We've been looking for a more reliable car.... and we decided that we felt good about this one. We've been saving our pennies for a while, and on Thursday evening I wrote the biggest check I've ever written and paid in full for the car. It is beautiful and I love it! It is so fun to drive. The biggest thing for us was being able to pay for it all then. What a huge relief it is not to have another payment each month... which is exactly what we don't need. Here are some pictures for you to enjoy...

It's so pretty!

I had taken Friday off the week before by chance because I decided that I needed a break, and it just happened to work out perfectly for me to get the registration on the car the very next day.

We went out with my friend Danielle and her husband Nick on Friday night. She quit her job at 3form, where I used to work - yuck - and we wanted to celebrate (yes, it was that bad of a job)! We went to Texas Roadhouse. It was good, we had never been there. I had the ribeye steak - and was very pleased. 


We then went to their house and watched The Office from the night before. I must say, it's getting intense... I can't believe the season finale is already next week! The season seems like it should have just started, thanks to the writer's strike. I am anxious to see what will happen with Jim and Pam... does anyone share this curiosity with me?

Saturday Chris had a soccer game (unfortunately they lost), and we had cafe rio.... mmmmm..... and watched the Bee Movie. I thought it was cute. Pretty witty for a cartoon. I liked it.

For those of you who don't watch American Idol, Friday was David's Day! David Archuleta, that is. If you think he's cute in this picture, you should see him in person. Granted, I never got that close to him, about 20 feet away... and this is the best picture I got: 





If  you look closely behind the bald man's head, you will see his left arm waving. I obviously didn't have a great shot, but this was when he came around the whole track, and though the car he was riding in was probably just in idle, there were too many people around me to take the time to get something better. That, and I left my camera in the car (me of all people!) and I had only  my phone, which had a low battery. :(

Governer John Huntsman was there, named May 9th "David's Day," named their street "Archuleta Way," and recognized him as "Utah's American Idol." But the best part was his singing - he sang three songs. He was incredible, I must say. Even better live. The songs were "Imagine," "Stand by Me," and "Angels." The closer I got to the crowd, the less I could see, so my mom (who I took with me) and I switched off getting on each other's backs. She offered a little girl to get on her shoulders. It was quite funny when I had to help my mom up once the girl was actually on her shoulders. And I've always known my mom is loud, but I was reminded just how loud she is when she was in there, screaming with all of the other girls. She of course got the strange looks from everyone as usual, and I of course was happy to say that she is my mother. :) We had fun. I figured it was worth it - when will it ever happen again?

Oh, and I think he will win it.

12 comments:

paige said...

Congratulations on a fun week! The new car is awesome & no car payment is even better! Now if only we didn't have house payments...

I think David is so cute & even though we don't have cable & I don't watch America Idol every week, I love to watch his performances online & I think he should win it all as well. :)

amanda said...

cute post!! it looks like you're having lots of fun. love you!!!

Heather said...

Fun week- thanks for the un-reliable car :)

Unknown said...

I love that your mom was screaming for David, awesome! Oh, and yes, the car REALLY is PRETTY!! congrats!

Tadorton said...

It does feel really good to have a nice reliable car that is paid off. We love ours.

Anonymous said...

SISTER I didn't know you paid cash! That's amazing way to go:)

Robyn Reynolds said...

I am so impressed that you paid cash for your car! I want that discipline.

mead family said...

Congrats on the car, it's really nice. I can't wait till mine is paid off. I'm so jealous you got to go see David. He is my favorite. Your mom is so funny, I can totally see her screaming and cheering:)

Dubb Days said...

Oh Heidi, you lead such an exciting life! I am impressed with how close you actually got to Archuleta. Also, jealous of the Cafe Rio! Glad you had a great weekend! Maybe you will be on TV!

Karson and Kami said...

My mom adores little David. He just seems so little to me! But he does have an amazing voice!

So, what kind of car is it? I can't tell and the photo won't enlarge when I click on it.

I think it's awesome that you guys paid cash! My car only has $1k left on it an then it's all paid off too! I'm gonna love it!

You'll have to come take me for a ride in the new car sometime.

I know Karson called YOU to tell you about the LAN party because I told him that you didn't want him to invite Chris. He didn't want to cause any marital problems so he decided to tell you about it and let you decide if Chris is allowed to come or not lol. You silly girl!

BakerBloggers-Matt & Jenny said...

Joe and Karen and the boys were there too. Unfortunately Matt and I had to work :( But we are a David Archuletta fan club at our house. We love him too. Go David!

And you aren't really a fan until you spend at least an hour voting with a different phone in each hand--that's dedication.

Jenny

Jeanette said...

JEALOUS!! I want to drive your new car. That is the car I've wanted my whole driving existence. Lucky.

Also, I KNOW David A will win. It just will happen.