10.31.2008

Primary Party

Chris and I teach the nine-year-olds in primary. They are such a fun class that we decided to throw a party for them - so we did last weekend, and it was a blast!

Five out of the six kids came and I think everyone had a good time. 
The party lasted for three and a half hours, just because they wanted 
to keep playing games and running around. Needless to say, by the end 
of that three and a half hours, we were pooped. 
We did lots of fun stuff, though.

While waiting for everyone, the kids played the Wii.

This is the four before Alexis came.
Abby, Maddie, Zach and Jake

We played musical chairs (it's amazing how competitive they are!)

Abby and Jake (twins)

We made fleece monster pillows

Alexis

Zach

This is Jake.
Funny story about Jake: He loves hangman. Without fail, every week, he asks to play. One week, Chris told him that he was allergic to hangman. Without skipping a beat, he looked at him and said, "Well, I'm allergic to Brother Lewis."

Their final creations!

I think we stuffed them full of food... we had pizza and ice cream
on top of all the candy they had 
(note to self: hide the pixie sticks from them next time).

And we did a relay race which involved eggs and blowing bubbles and balloons.

Maddie, opening the bubble gum

Alexis, trying to blow the balloon up really big

Even Billy Ray joined in to even up the teams. Abby was hilarious about Chris. The whole party she kept calling him "cutie," telling him that he should always straighten his hair.

We love these kids. We love teaching them every week, and they bring so much joy to our lives. They are all so individually unique that our class is never dull on Sundays. And everyone knows we have the best class. 
If you spent time with them, you'd know why.

9 comments:

Paige said...

You guys are the best teachers ever! I want to make a monster pillow!!!

Heather said...

Fun- I did not know you did that.

Carly said...

So cute! I love the monster pillows. P.S....I would have killed to have such cool primary teachers.

Unknown said...

waaaahhh!! I miss primary!! They really are the BEST!!

Katie said...

Looks like you guys had a ton of fun! It makes me miss teaching primary! Those monster pillows rock! Chris...you should totally keep your hair like that lol :D

Orton Gang said...

I'm proud of you guys for having the party for your class. a chip off the ole block. They are such cute kids and you can tell they enjoy their teachers. Of course you are our cool kids! The monster pillows turned our so cute.. what a great idea!

Robyn Reynolds said...

You guys are so cute. I bet your kids love you. By the way...Awesome Halloween costumes!

Sulser Family said...

Heidi...I just got your comment from by blog. I need to get your phone number so I can contact you. I wanted to get the girls together for Gardner Village but I need your digits!! Your blog looks wonderful as usual.

Karson and Kami said...

I think it's so awesome that you did this for them! Looks like you guys threw a great party! I bet they loved every minute of it!