1.02.2009

Good Times

We had an awesome Christmas and New Years, thanks to our family and friends who made it so memorable. Thank you to everyone for wanting to be with us. We love you!

This Christmas was memorable to me for a number of reasons, but most of all because the Lord let us know, in a number of ways, that we will be taken care of. We were blessed in more ways than we even realize and we are so grateful for each person in our lives. We love each of you more than you know.

I think I received way more than I deserve. Chris got me a sewing machine! Now I don't have any excuses... time to sit myself down and learn. I'm excited. Anyone who wants to start a sewing class, let me know. I'm down. And by the way, I'm serious. Isn't it pretty?
We are so grateful we had money to spend on each other. Aside from the sewing machine (which was a huge surprise... it was a bit over our spending limit... actually a lot over...) this year was great because we thought of each other more than about spending money, and I loved it.

My family decided this year to write letters to each member of the family. Although nobody stuck to the "no gift giving" rule we set, we all did get letters from one another, and they were so fun to read! It was nice to sit and think about each person and why you love them - and to tell them in such a personal way. And it was even better to read them. Each letter held a different memory or joke that had happened at one time or another I had forgotten about. It was fun to sit and listen to everyone laugh as they read what was in their letters.
My brothers TJ and Taylor with Chris... looking tough (obviously).
Yeah, you probably shouldn't mess with them.

I didn't get any pictures from New Years Eve, but we went to a family's house in our ward. We had a blast! There was delicious food and we played games all night, laughing so hard it hurt. Thanks again to the Hallidays and the Sharps. You guys are awesome!

11 comments:

Karson and Kami said...

I'm glad that you had such a great Christmas. That sewing machine looks pretty high tech! I'd actually really love to learn how to sew...I always have to ask my mom to make things for me when I want something custom. Can't wait to see all your creations! :)

Katie M. said...

OOohh. words from the wise- that's me all right!!

Yay on sewing machine. You will LUV having one. I just spent too much money on beautiful fabric and I can't wait to get going. I'd love to do a class with you, but the distance thing might not work:)

Oh, and the letter idea is fabulous. I might have to copy it and incorporate that into my own family xmas traditions. How great!!

Can't wait to see ya soon!!

Happy New 2009!
xoxo

mead family said...

Wow! The sewing machine is great. I love it when husbands are thoughtful:) Your brothers and Chris are so hilarious! I'm glad your Christmas and New Years were so fun.

BakerBloggers-Matt & Jenny said...

I absolutely love the letter idea! So great. And way more in keeping with the whole "real reason" for Christmas. We may have to steal that one for our family party next year.

Heather said...

It was a very Merry Christmas wasn't it. The letters were so awesome. Now I need to put them all in a special book so I can look back on them over and over again :)

The Williamsons said...

What a great present!! I have no idea how to sew!!

Unknown said...

You totally scored! What a guy. I LOVE the letter idea too. I'm going to suggest it to my family next year.

Sewing class huh? I would love to share what I know (you know i'm NOT a professional). Let's find a couple more people and pick a first project! email me.

Unknown said...

Here are some cute options! http://myhomespunthreads.blogspot.com/2009/01/its-my-birthday.html

Jacci said...

Hey I am so sorry I havent emailed you the pictures yet I will send you the ones that I didnt put on my blog. The rest if you click on the picture you can save it right from there to your computer. its a little bit easier that way. Yes we are still on for saturday. I will call you today. we can do it at my house, it might be easier with Sophie. I would LOVE to learn how to sew. Those wallets are so cute! It would be really fun! I will also join your book club. I love to read when I have the chance! Your Christmas looked like fun! talk to you later.

Jacci said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jacci said...

ps. sorry It took me forever to write you back. I am the worst at commenting on blogs, I need to be better at that! do you only have that one phone#