1.13.2009

Here's The Thing...


Though each year it gets more dramatic, drawn out and more cheesy than ever before, there is something about this show that draws me in. I enjoy each season more as the contestants out-do each other in their singing abilities.  I don't enjoy the drama, but I love to hear the (good) voices of those who brave the stage and face the judges.

I was a little more than obsessed with the show when Clay Aiken was on, and went to the American Idol concert that year.

I missed two seasons when I was on my mission, and when I came back, the next season to grace our presence involved the disappointing and horrific Sanjaya. Thanks to votefortheworst.com, he had us all biting our fingernails and cursing the show until he was kicked off, being one of the last few remaining contestants. I think I swore off the show after that season.

Of course, that "something" brought me back last year, and I enjoyed watching David Archuleta. He being from Utah and having an excellent voice made the show more enjoyable.

I am not a huge fan of the auditions because they seem to drag out longer than necessary. But as I watched a commercial the other day with a blood-curling audition from a woman who didn't seem able to identify her horribility,  I felt a huge smile cross my face. I am excited for another season. Tonight's the premier.

Bring it on. 

10 comments:

The Williamsons said...

I heard that they aren't going to show as many bad auditions this year. We will see. :)

Heather said...

Lame :)

Ali said...

Idol, IDol,IDOL!!!

I'm excited to see how the new judge shakes things up :) I hope I like her.

Ali said...

Brilliant!!

Living Scriptures, love it.

Laura said...

So I dont watch AI- but I can certainly appreciate the excitement of watching a show you LOVE! Have fun!!

Andrea Harper said...

Woot. I am with ya on this one. SUPA excited! Kinda wierded out about the 4th judge....we'll see

Keersten said...

You are too cute! Enjoy the premier!

Wendy said...

I love the show. In fact, I'm addicted. They've been showing last seasons re-runs on the fox reality channel up here and I've recorded them..it's a sickness!

Heather said...

Was it everything you hoped it would be? I must admit I tuned in to see the new judge who will be replacing Paula next season- she is really self-centered isn't she?

Jeanette said...

Did you see me?