2.10.2009

Inspiration

My ward Relief Society has started this program to read the BofM in 100 days. I have enjoyed it very much - I like having to read every day no matter what. My days seem to go better. However, I would like to study them in the morning. By the end of the day, I am tired and ready to sleep.

President David O. McKay spoke of how "the morning hours, before we are cluttered with the cares of the day, are especially conducive to inspiration" (Wherefore, Ye Must Press Forward [1977], 121).

I very much agree. I'd like to study my scriptures in the morning, but I'm having a hard time getting myself up early enough to do it. Does anybody have any suggestions for me? Anyone who has had success in this area themselves?

8 comments:

Dubb Days said...

You could not stay up until 4 in the morning watching movies, then it might be easier:) just a thought.

By the way loved the last post, looks like you all had a good time. I love the check holders, that is awesome!

Heidi said...

Um, just to clarify.... that was the only time, probably ever, that I've stayed up that late since I've been married. Thank you.

Unknown said...

I could send Mia over to wake you up. She's up at 6:30...sorry don't have any REAL tips. I wasn't in the habit of getting up early until i had kids.

Unknown said...

oh, wait, this may help. I read using this site: www.readthescriptures.com
It emails your daily reading to you. You can create custom schedules. Maybe you can plan to get to work 10 min early to read??

Paige said...

I thought i would check your comments for any good suggestions since I need them as well! Reading at night on the commercial break during Leno & Conan just isn't the way to do it :) - I used to listen to scriptures on CD on my way to work (when i had to drive 45 minutes each way I got through it FAST) - you could try that, it makes good use of your commute time!

Nicole said...

What a great idea! I am in the RS presidency and I think I am going to suggest this as an activity. Your blog is darling and I love all the inspirational thoughts and quotes. :)

Tracy Cornia said...

Oh my gosh!!!! I just read my comments and saw you had left one. I got on your blog to see who Heidi was and I couldn't believe it. Thank you so much for leaving one so I could get to yours. You and your hubby are so cute. I am so glad to have a new blogger buddy.
See ya,
Tracy

Beesley Family said...

Hey I'm making our blog private and I need your email address to invite you to view it. Please leave it on our blog. Thanks!