2.17.2009

Love Day

Chris was up for planning love day this year. He wasn't sure what to do, so I told him that all I wanted was for him to cook me dinner. I also mentioned going to the nickelcade... he jumped at the opportunity. We went to the new Nickel Mania on State Street, and spent a total of about 20 bucks. I won't disagree with anyone who says it's a waste of money. But it was totally worth it - we had a blast.


Our prizes were no less than awesome....
Stick-on earrings

Weapons - bow and arrow sets and knives

And tattoos - Chris got the chicken, I went with the cow.

Afterwards, he asked me to go somewhere while he made me dinner. I headed off to Barnes and Noble to look for a certain book for him - which they were out of. I settled on this board game, which we played after dinner and turned out to be a lot of fun.

 It's not what we expected. They have a competition category, which involves everything from who can build a taller house of cards to who can do more push ups in one minute. Surprisingly, I won the push-up contest.

This is what I came home to.

Bacon-wrapped scallops, marinated steak, and potatoes with asparagus. 
It was beautiful!
Thanks again honey, for a great day. I love you.

12 comments:

Heather said...

That actually looks like alot of fun- and I am not a gamer by any means. The game you bought looks fun- can I borrow it for my anniversary next month? Good job on the dinner Chris it looks Delish! I love you both ;0)

Anonymous said...

WHAT I could not cook a meal so good looking... You guys are perfect for each other I LOVE IT. And I love you.

Tracy Cornia said...

What a fun night!!!! Sounds like you have a great husband. I can't even imagine Chad doing that. He could grill the steak but everything else I don't think so.

BakerBloggers-Matt & Jenny said...

Your dinner is totally pretty. Good job Chris!

The Lee Adventure said...

don't you love when its there year to plan it! it looks like you had a great day, and a yummy dinner.

Nicole said...

Heidi I think he is a keeper! What a fun time, you guys are the cutest couple!!

Katie M. said...

ha haa, that's cute, cheesy and childishly fun. I luv it! I heart you both.. glad you had a wonderful day!

Jenny said...

Sounds more fun than watching TV and eating Cafe Rio... (crying to myself...) Chris is a stud! You are a lucky girl to have such a great husband. And of course, he is lucky to have you too. What a great couple.

Anonymous said...

Tell Heather to add me on the e-mails so I can see her flippen blog nuriabishop@gmail.com

Karson and Kami said...

WOW! I'm impressed with Chris' cooking skills...very nice presentation too! Looks delicious.

It looks like you guys had a wonderful day! Arcades can be lots of fun.

I can't believe that you beat him in push ups!!! Did you do girl ones though? Karson would kick my butt in anything physical. You must take after your mom - she's tough too!

I have to ask...what's up with the beard Chris?

mead family said...

I love that he cooked such an awesome dinner for you! What a great husband you have:)

The Williamsons said...

That looks like so much fun. The dinner looks delicious!!