2.09.2009

Loved It.

*Warning: Long Post (due to pictures)*

I had a great weekend. I loved every minute of it. 

Friday night my family got together to make cookies for V-day, a tradition in my family. It's usually just the girls, but the guys tagged along this time. We had french bread pizza, compliments of Heather, and frosted the cookies while getting into a game of American Idol Encore on the Wii. 

The judges critique you... and it's not accurate, But it's fun.

I think everyone enjoyed making the cookies, especially the kids.

But the big kids had fun too....
My grandma Thelma

My crazy brother TJ

Me and my dad

My sister Heather and I being dorks... you don't have to tell me 
I look scary in this picture. I know I do.

The karaoke was awesome. Even my dear grandma got into it.
In this shot, she is singing, "My Heart Will Go On." 

TJ and Chris singing a duet

This is my Hannah Montana/Miley Cyrus-loving niece Cessna. She wanted to sing, too. She complimented her singing with her dancing - which is always a treat.

My brother in law Jeff with a Hannah Montana guitar that my nephew Lance, pictured below, brought out to entertain us with.

He looks like a natural, doesn't he?

On Saturday I got together with Jacci and Tara from my ward and had our own little sewing class. Tara, despite what she claims, is a professional. She basically coached me and Jacci through the project, which actually turned out well. We made checkbook covers.
Mine is the one with the red flowers on it. Inside, it's black with white polka-dots. Very cute. It was a perfect beginners project, and I had so much fun doing it!

Saturday night we rented a couple of flicks to watch. Of course, when there's a movie on T.V., even if you have it, you always seem to want to watch it... "Holes" happened to be on, so we watched that first.
I LOVE this movie.

After that, it was "Nick and Nora's Infinite Playlist." Not a great movie, but Michael Cera did well.

The Secret Life of Bees was next. 
I didn't read the book, but I enjoyed the film. 
It was a little depressing, but for the most part, I liked it.

Since we were on a roll, we decided to watch "Hitch."
I don't know one person who doesn't like this movie.

We hadn't seen Stranger Than Fiction in a while, so we popped that in.
I enjoyed this more than I have in the past... I like when Will Ferrell is serious. And I really like Maggie Gyllenhaal in it.

By this time, it was 4:00 in the morning. Why I was on this sudden movie kick was beyond me. Chris didn't mind; he's used to staying up late. We decided for our next movie we'd watch Night at The Museum. 
About 5 minutes into it I was fading.... and by 4:15, Chris was waking me up and we went to bed. But, I do love this show as well. Can't wait for the second one.

On Sunday we started reading the book Coraline. We really want to see the movie, and we decided to read the book first. It's kind of an eery book. It's a quick read, only 192 pages. The font isn't small, either - we read for only about an hour or so and we're 81 pages into it.

We finished off the weekend at Chris's parents house. We had roast and potatoes for dinner, which Chris pointed out is total comfort food. It just makes you feel good.

5 comments:

Paige said...

Fun weekend! Sounds about as busy as ours! I am going to have to pull myself away from the computer now & go find my kids...not that Bruce can get far! Your checkbook cover is SUPER cute!

Heather said...

You think you look scary in the picture what about me-- Holy S***! I have on no makeup and I look like a freak'in ghost! Thanks for posting the lovely photo, my kids are beautiful- such cute kids I have, but me again What the ?

Keersten said...

Your checkbook covers turned out SO CUTE!!! I love your Grandma singing!

Karson and Kami said...

Love the pictures from your karaoke night! Looks like you guys had a lot of fun. Great job on the checkbook cover too. I see you doing great things with your new sewing machine! :) Can't wait to see you progress.

Sariah said...

It makes me smile to see Grandma Thelma rocking out on the mic, after all she was my ward Grandma-lady too. I'm glad to see you are doing well.