3.19.2009

Once A Year...?

Girl Scout cookie time - tell me who (aside from your pocketbook) isn't excited about this time of year?  Thanks to those darling little girls, I am cursed when I open up a box of thin mints... I can't seem to have just one.  Or two.  Let's be honest... the serving size is four cookies and I still can't stop.  Before I know it, the entire sleeve is gone.  
Oops.  I don't suppose I'll be jumping on that scale any time soon.

Samoas bring the same problem. However, I will give them the advantage; they are more filling.  I can't eat as many in one sitting without feeling sick and regretting my decision to begin eating them.  Usually, I can limit myself.  Thank goodness... these are, by far, my favorite.

While surfing the web today, I stumbled upon some recipes for these charming little devils.  In case you're interested, thin mints and samoas.

I don't know how I feel about this.  A part of me would like to shout for joy for the fact that I am no longer required to wait for this season to come around... and another part wants to stay as far away from these homemade goodies altogether.  Unfortunately, for my sake (and my scale's), I've chosen to shout for joy.  Let's hope I won't have the will or the energy to make them too often.

7 comments:

Heather said...

Samoas are my weakness too! I think i will choose not to look at the recipe. It is getting closer to swim suit season and I've got a long way to go!

Paige said...

wow, i just looked at the recipe. looks time consuming but the samoa bars don't look too bad!!! :)

Karson and Kami said...

lol, well you're lucky that you have a teeny cute body. I don't think you really have to worry about eating lots of treats!
Heather - YOU TOO!

About the comment on my blog - Karson and I are doing great! We'd love to spend some time with you and Chris again..it really has been far too long. Plus, now you have me curious about this "we have so much to tell you" thing...

Boston's it is! Email me and we will figure out a weekend in April where we can do it.

mead family said...

I went to Harmons the other day and there were the girl scout's right in front of the store selling their cookies. I have no self control and bought some. They are the best! Samoas and Tagalongs are my fav! Last year I bought like 8 boxes. Not good!

Dubb Days said...

I just always carry aound two sacks so that I don't have the arms to carry the boxes, so I can't buy any:)
Another great column, writer:)

Laura said...

I LOVE Samoas too...and I can't limit myself. They are the best!

BakerBloggers-Matt & Jenny said...

we're totally with you. We wait and wait for Girl Scout cookie time and then quickly exhaust the entire supply of cookies only to start waiting for next year. Maybe it's a good thing they only come out once a year! ( notice I'm completely ignoring the mention of a recipe, I can't handle the temptation)