6.16.2009

119

My parents invited us to go bowling last night, along with my brother and his girlfriend. We planned to go to the place my bro and I actually learned in elementary school; we had taken field trips and took lessons from a man who looked remarkably like Bob Barker. He had a rubber ball that always fascinated me, for no particular reason, and a microphone that I always wanted. It left me wondering what happened to him when Taylor was first to arrive and inform us that the place had been closed down. 

The closest place was the Town and Country lanes in Midvale, around the corner... which was actually quite possibly the most run-down bowling alley I have ever seen. We started around 8:30 or so, and were soon the only bowlers left. Of course, we were loud enough that we wouldn't have noticed any others around, even if there were any. 

Complete with myself and Katie's non-impressive dance skills, the night was a good one.

Taylor surprised us all with five strikes right from the start, and ended up the first game with an impressive score of 219. I got a couple of strikes myself and scored a 119... which I think is quite possibly my highest scoring game ever. My next game ended with a high of I think 53... which is more of the norm.

Me and Tay (or as I affectionately call him, "caver.")

We didn't expect to get through the night without a spastic move or two from my mom, and she didn't let us down. The first time she slid across the line that signifies the beginning of the lane, she informed us that it was greasy, after rising from her less than graceful split. 

Her dancing was no less than superb when finally getting a strike at the end of the second game, leaving us hoping for another split... but ended instead with an ear-piercing squeal of excitement. This is something I didn't capture on camera, but those who have heard my mom will be able to recall what it sounds like. 

Oh, how I love her.
My life would not be the same without her in it.

I love these people.

Taylor and Katie

We love each other. :)

We had a fun time... we missed the rest of the family, but we'll do it again!

5 comments:

The Williamsons said...

So Chris went bowling twice yesterday? (I think Ryan said Chris went bowling with him yesterday...)
I think I've only been to that bowling alley in Midvale once and it was years ago, but I just remember how smokey it was.


Looks fun!! :)

Carly said...

So, this one time, in bowling class (yup, that's right, I took a class), I got an 8.

Not in one frame....in the whole game.

I am awesome.

Heather said...

Yeah Thanks for the invite!

And your friend that got an 8- WOW my 2 year old has bowled more than that!
FUNNY!

Robyn Reynolds said...

I am so random at bowling. Every once in a while I will get over a hundred but it's rare. That looks like a lot of fun.

Katie M. said...

nice job sister L

PS i really like your hair these days.