6.01.2009

Great Last Words

Sunday night:

Chris, with my dad in the car, is honking at my mom, who is the last to leave the house (which is normally the case). Having to be at the airport in about 4o minutes, this conversation happened while we were in separate rooms, her frantically searching for her last minute items (which evidently didn't include her driver's license, as she didn't have it when they arrived at the airport).

Mom: "Sorry to leave you with the kitchen such a wreck"

Me: "It's alright... just hurry!"

Mom: "See ya, love ya."

Me: "Love you too."

Mom: "If anything happens to me, will you clean up the hairs in my bathroom?"

Me: (after a moment of hesitation) "Um.... sure mom."

She was gone for a good ten minutes before I really got a good laugh.

8 comments:

Heather said...

You forgot to add that she would be SO embarrassed if anyone saw it that way after she died. Which makes no sense because people see ti that way while she is alive!

Andrea said...

Your mom is hilarious!! Love it! I'm so glad I'm not the only worrying about people seeing the hairs in my bathroom!

Sariah said...

Ha ha ha, what a funny lady!!! that is hysterical that that's what she would be concerned with if something was to happen to her, not take care of the family or even the plants for heaven's sake, but, the hair in the bathroom. classic!

Unknown said...

oh hillarious! kinda reminds me of that movie Gattaca - have u seen that?

Jenny said...

That sounds like her! That's funny. I love your Mama.

Carly said...

Heidi, oh Heidi. What would I do without your classic posts?

Karson and Kami said...

lol..you're mom..

Keersten said...

That is awesome! I can only wish to be that funny and have that be the most embarrassing thing about my house!!