5.29.2009

Last Week

1. My bro-in-law Jamison left for Ft. Leonard Wood, MO to complete 9 weeks of basic training, followed by 5 weeks of Advanced Individual Training (AIT) in Combat Engineering. I can't help but hope the Army kicks his butt... he needs it.

2. Tried a new Mexican restaurant next to our house, Loco Lizards (not to be confused with Loco Lizard). Their cheese enchilada is fantastic.

3. Built this little guy (for work). Not an easy task.
Taken off the Monsters vs. Aliens website under 3D models.

5. Finished  The Memory Keeper's Daughter

6. Enjoyed a pedicure with my friend Danielle. We try to go every month, but missed April. It's amazing how much better my toes look after one of those.

7. I talked my dad into reading the Twilight series. Upon finishing the 3rd book, he told me his predictions on what will happen in Breaking Dawn. His answer, when asked what he thinks about them is always, "they're alright," but his interest has been perked, and he will gladly jump into a conversation with anyone who's read them. He loves them. I know it.

8. Made an apron

9. Sat on the porch and watched the rain with my dad. 

Here's what it looked like at our house:

9. Had dinner with three girls I've been friends with since middle school; one who drifted away in High School. In actuality, we hadn't been together, the four of us, since middle school. We indulged ourselves in memories of the past and laughed about the way we were, what we did and what filled our minds as 14 year old girls. I am convinced that there's nothing better than doing just that - recalling memories and laughing with old friends that you are, or were, emotionally connected with at one point in your life or another. I love my friends.

It was a good week... Here's to hoping this week brings some good stuff with it...

2 comments:

Heather said...

Nothing like watching the rain- especially with your Pappa.
I also love getting together with Girlfriends it is the best!

I hope you week started out good yesterday at Grandma's...I know I had fun ;0)

Karson and Kami said...

I love catching up with old friends...and what better time to reminisce about then Jr. High? That was THE best part of school.