5.04.2009

Girls, Girls, Girls

Saturday was filled with just that... and with the estrogen aplenty, I made my way through my busy day...

I first went to a baby shower for my dear friend Emily who was able to adopt a little boy just over a week ago. It was a particularly fun shower because the baby was already here.
This is Milo. Isn't he so sweet?

Carly, Robyn and I

A bunch of the girls. The new mom is 3rd from the right on the couch. 
I am just so happy for her and her family!

I went to a bridal shower next, for my father-in-law's niece. It was a pampered chef shower, so her wish list was there for the guests to choose from. I thought that was a pretty cool idea.

My monthly book club discussion came next, where My dad and Chris brought my one dose of testosterone for the day to talk about "The Good Guy" at Jamba Juice.

My good friend Anna came although she hadn't read it, and brought her two darling little girls. She is moving to St. George next month, and I will miss her!

These are her little girls, Halle and Chloe. So cute.

After a day of driving (literally.. one place after the other),  I headed out to Gateway for dinner with... yep. The girls. We went to The Counter where their burgers look like this. Seriously huge. Their sweet potato fries weren't my favorite, but everything else was fantastic.

I had a Carne Asada burger in a bowl. Delicious... but a lot of food. I think everyone was happy though, despite the decision making skills we lacked... there was a LOT to choose from on the menu, and I think we are some of the most indecisive girls in existence.

Lisa, me, Jacci, Lindsey and Melissa

We headed to Jacci's house afterward, where we watched Bride Wars with a few more girls. It was a cute show. Entertaining.

I love being with my hubby, but it's always nice to spend a day with just the girls. Even if everything landed on the same day!

4 comments:

Nicole said...

wow what a fun busy day! That little Milo is a darling little cutie! I just rented Bride Wars today from Redbox... I hope its a good one. :)

Katie M. said...

That's exciting for your friend! Yay!

What's happened to your bangs, my dear?? Getting rid of em? Either way, your hair is looking shic.

How's briday wars? I'm tempted to sit myself down with some gal friends and splurge.

Heather said...

That sounds heavenly- anything to get out of my sick quarantine house would be nice at this point!

We need to have a girls day- me and you- we haven't had a sisters day in ages!

Paige said...

Milo is so stinking cute! I was going to go to that shower but we were in Logan for graduation (Emily is in my ward...as is Calli- but you knew that but I don't think I have "officially" met Emily)

Also, I know Anna - did we make that connection before? Her sisters Kirsty & Jessica were in our old ward. So funny with all the people that we both know or have connections with somehow!

The Counter looks awesome, I wanted to go there last time I was downtown. Maybe next time since I never turn down a good burger :)

I'm glad you liked Bride Wars, I will have to redbox it!