4.30.2009

May

In 1964, when a blizzard forces Dr. David Henry to deliver his own twins, he immediately recognizes that one of them has Down Syndrome and makes a split-second decision that will haunt all their lives forever. He asks his nurse to take the baby away to an institution and to keep her birth a secret. Instead, she disappears into another city to raise the child as her own. Compulsively readable and deeply moving, The Memory Keeper's Daughter is an astonishing tale of redemptive love. 

5 comments:

mead family said...

That sounds really good. Even though I won't be here to come discuss it I am definitely going to read it:)

VTS said...

This looks enthralling. I'll get a good head start on it and finish it on time. I promise. See ya!

Jenny said...

Ok, for reals...I am going to try and read this one. I'm so glad you are still doing this book club thing. You inspire me to read books and not just the back of my cereal box.

Keersten said...

You make such good picks. I loved that book! It really was haunting.

The Lloyd's said...

i just barely finished reading this one...it makes you think.