4.09.2009

Miscellaneous Good Times

I spent Saturday sewing with Jacci and Tara, and didn't even get close to being done with my skirt.  More to come on that later... that is, if I have the patience to finish the project.  Seriously not fun... if that darn pattern weren't so complicated!  Anyway...

Chris came over later and somehow, he and Corey forced Jacci and I to learn how to play poker... a kind of weird version of it.  Don't tell Chris, but I thought it was actually fun.  And not that it's a big accomplishment... after all, it is poker.  Which I'm not really interested in.  But I won.  Yep, Yours truly.

My favorite was the tape on the foreheads... it added a nice touch.

Of course, the cards wouldn't stay up otherwise...  
And who wouldn't want to look this awesome?

This is their little girl Sophie.  Love her.

On Sunday night, there was a surprise at our door.
Through ages 12 through 18-ish, give or take a few months here and there, we had the missionaries over constantly.  So many memories come to mind with them over at our house while growing up that it's hard to remember a time in my youth without them around. 

During the summers, I don't think a week went by without having them over for a BBQ - and of course - a water fight, which my mom was - and still is - famous for.

This particular missionary served in our area for seven months.  We were close with him and each of his companions that he would introduce to us while here.  Years later, when I served my mission, I noticed a badge with the same last name.  Yep, it was his brother.  We hadn't heard from him in years, and I was happy to make the connection.

About a week ago, he found me on Facebook.  He was coming to town on business and wanted to surprise my mom.  He showed up the night before we planned, and it ended up a surprise for us both!

My mom, Fletcher Brinkerhoff and me.

2 comments:

Jeanette said...

I'm pretty sure I remember this Elder...that's neat.

Underpinning Lafayette said...

This was lovely to reead