4.16.2009

Charly

Apparently, my current job position opens up more opportunities to meet famous people than I would have thought... and while this person is famous to me, and probably to quite a few in the "Mormon" world, others may not be as familiar with her as with Pierce Brosnan, who was my last celebrity encounter. But I loved her in "Charly," and I think she's beautiful.


She (Heather Beers) walked into the studio as I was slumped lazily in my chair, watching a video on YouTube or doing something meaningless on the computer, no doubt. 

When I looked up and said hello, she  asked, "Is this the audition?" 
After telling her that it wasn't and confirming the address she was looking for, she thanked me and started to walk back outside. When it registered to me who she was (or looked very much like), she was on her way out the door. I think I may have looked a little dumb stuck for a moment when I asked her, "Are you Charly?" She chuckled a little and took a step back toward me, extending her hand. "Yeah. I'm Heather," she said with a smile.

I wish I would have said something more after I introduced myself. She won't remember my name, but she might have remembered me telling her she's beautiful. Or that she played an excellent Charly. Or that I honestly have been thinking about a scene in that movie for the past few days for some odd reason....

I guess I should just be happy that my incredibly boring day was interrupted for a small moment to bring me something interesting. Heaven knows that's what I needed.

7 comments:

The Williamsons said...

You and the celebrities you meet. Who's it going to be next? :)

That's cool!

The Williamsons said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Robyn Reynolds said...

Don't feel bad about not saying something cool. I met Steve Young and I actually yelled out "It's Brigham". That's what got his attention but man did I feel lame.

Andrea Harper said...

I love Charly! That's awesome you got to meet her. Where is it that you work that you get to meet these celebs?

Orton Gang said...

Exciting! I love it when that happens! Love ya, Mumsy

Dubb Days said...

So what did you say "I am Heidi--okay see ya later!" ?

Katy and Rob Bodily said...

That is cool you got to meet the Charly girl. At least you didn't snap her picture like you did with Peirce Brosnan. Ha Ha just kidding!