4.22.2009

Dear American Idol,

I am not sure what the hype about Adam Lambert is for, but please don't let him win. Though I will admit that his performance this week was acceptable - his hair was out of his face, he stood still, and he didn't screech - which seems to be his signature move that is claimed by many to be his "rocker" style. Whatever you choose to call it, "good" is not in my vocabulary for this particular contestant.

Some think that he looks like Elvis. I will not dispute that. However, how he chooses to look most of the time (see below) is... far from the clean cut Elvis look. Um... Miss Taylor? Are you in there?


He seems to be what the judges are looking for, and it seems that most of America has been looking for him too. But could you be so kind to explain how a high-pitched (teetering on screaming) voice, eyeliner and hips that move unnaturally is a good combination? Not to mention his clothes. Oh, the tight white pants. Perhaps Miss Taylor really is in there.

My choice, if you please, is Kris Allen. The combination of instruments he uses to complete his smooth voice has made him better and better as the weeks have come and gone. He's clean, he's humble yet confident, and he brings some wholesome goodness to the show.

America needs an idol like him.

10 comments:

mead family said...

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!! I totally agree that Adam is not that great. I don't get it either. My parents LOVE him. They think they should just stop the show and award him the title of "American Idol." It's good to know that someone else feels the same way I do!

Dubb Days said...

I hear ya sista! Ya, I will admit the dude can sing, but I don't understand why they praise him like he is the best thing sense sliced bread! And I do like him better when he doesn't where girls jeans while dancing. Hold still please.
Go Kris! Go Allison!
Go dad--way to run 15--where were you 7 years ago?

Aimee & Patrick said...

Wow, I totally agree with you . I do not like that guy at all. He sounds like a girl most the time. I really hate the show, but every year can't stop watching it.

Andrea Harper said...

Yay! I too, LOVE Kris. It will totally come down to him and Adam. I'm 6's on Adam. Don't hate him, don't love him. I think people love him so much because he's an entertainer. Kris on the other hand, is a musician. If the two came out with CD's, I'd buy Kris's HANDS DOWN. I can't even figure out what kind of CD Adam would make....?

Anonymous said...

Hey guys I LOVE ADAM!!! He's the best singer by far. I also love Chris but Adam has got it so WHATEVER!

Calli Hayman said...

Hey! i love idol- but i am writing cuz i REALLY need your address :o) Em and Jeff got a baby today (check out her blog- hopefully she has pics up) and we're throwing her a shower. Email me at snowbunnie13@gmail.com

Jeanette said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE KRIS!!

Karson and Kami said...

Hmm, I actually really think Adam is good. I agree about his clothes and tight pants though haha, but that seems to be the "thing" in hollywood with all the guys - like the Jonas Brothers - they dress AWFUL! I loved the week Adam did that slow song sitting down - that's when I realized that he really can sing great.

I like Danny Goki though. Kris is good too.

I was just SO relieved when they got rid of the girl from Utah...now she was HORRIBLE! OMG.. and her dancing? lol..hilarious.

Paige said...

LOVE Kris. I think Adam is good, but I don't want him to win. I'll say it again. LOVE KRIS!! He dresses great, too. Hopefully he won't disappoint tonight!

Orton Gang said...

I don't care what you say, I like Adam. He is amazing like the singer from Queen and Steve Tyler. I have to disagree with you my dearest daughter, also thanks for spending so much time with Ernst and Gesila too I know you love them!