5.27.2009

Again?

"I don't know why I like it so much... it's just so funny!"

These were words coming out of Chris's mouth the other night regarding Friends. As if he has to explain why he likes it. The fact is, he's hooked.


My parents gave us all ten seasons of Friends for Christmas the first year we were married. I'm not sure how I talked Chris into agreeing that's what we wanted, but he seemed okay with it. We watched them off and on the first little while, when Chris was just warming up to them. When he realized how hilarious the show is, it slowly became a nightly thing, watching a couple of episodes before bed. Before we knew it, we were through all ten seasons for the first time.

It was Chris who wanted to jump into them again - after all, those that love the show can't deny the small void there when it's over. So, we started them again, a couple of episodes before bed. A couple of episodes turned into six (a full disc - you'd think 1:00 AM on a Tuesday night would be reason enough to stop) and, within a few months, we were through them for the second time. Though, that time around, he watched them more than I did.

He wasted no time in starting them over a few days ago, for the third time. And now, it's always turned on whenever I'm trying to sleep. Being that it's Friends, I don't really have complaints... other than my wanting to drift to sleep earlier than 11:00 PM is out of the question. He's totally addicted. I'm lucky it's Friends... he really likes to watch "Gang Busters," too.

5 comments:

Heather said...

No denying it is a CLASSIC- and I never tire of watching it. Jeff won't admit it, but neither does he!

Anonymous said...

I heart friends.

The Williamsons said...

Ryan hadn't really watched them before we got married, but now he always suggests we put in some discs. I love it! :)


We have a Friends Trivia DVD we'll have to play against you guys! ;)

Robyn Reynolds said...

We own all episodes of Friends and watch them pretty much every day. We have Friends Scene It game. We should totally get together and play it!!!!!!!!

Keersten said...

That is awesome! I love friends!