5.08.2009

Highlights Of The Week

1) Kris Allen stayed on American Idol. Not expected, but a pleasant surprise.

2) Got some new work out DVD's after reminding a co-worker of mine repeatedly to bring them in when he told us we could borrow them. This note was on my desk the day before I got them. It's blurry because I think I mentioned my camera is definitely not great.

"Heidie, I forgot again, sorry. But isn't Friday going to be even better when you get them? Think about it! P.S. Don't be so mad you can't handle it, okay?"

3) Totally painted my fingernails and toenails at work.

5) Found my iPod touch (thanks honey) after realizing how important it is that I don't lose that... it's become my planner, my address book, etc. So happy!

6) Discovered a new restaurant, India House. Not quite as good as Bombay House, but delish. Went there twice this week. Told you we may have a problem.

7) Got 2 new t-shirts, a seriously cute jean skirt and some really comfy sweat shorts at the D.I. for $10.00.

8) Finished a new apron for Jacci. Doesn't she look cute?

4) Race for the Cure. Awesome.

I ran the entire 3 miles; I am almost positive I have never done a full three mile run in my life. There was so much energy, so much adrenaline. I loved to hear the sound of the footsteps as they fell on the pavement around me. Not to mention the team names, among which were the "Breast Jordan Buddies" and "Christi's Rack Pack." One man ran in celebration of "the future of breasts... I love boobs" (not kidding). Among the people I ran for, one was a sweet investigator on my mission that I had the privilege of teaching and seeing get baptized. She lost her battle to bone cancer after the breast cancer spread, leaving this world about two years ago.


9) Cotton candy at a health fair... (isn't that an oxymoron?) I guess my mother felt she had to get me some, along with a hot dog on a stick, since she was with me. Now there's a healthy meal. To top it off, she got me chocolate from Cummings - now a favorite of mine. That's all I needed.

10) Speaking of my mom, Mother's Day rocked, as does she. We spent time at the park, getting in a wicked game of water balloon volleyball and loving the swings. Good times.

5 comments:

Orton Gang said...

LOoks like a busy fun week! Since I was part of that week, I know. Of course since you live here it's a given I am part of your week, but It was fun for us to go for a walk down town to register for the Race for the Cure. Of course Mother's day was awesome at the Park, One of my favorite things! Love you! Love being your Mom!

Jacci said...

I wish I would have done the race with you! I have always wanted to do one. Thank you for the apron I LOVE it!!!! we should get together this weekendand go to a movie or miniture golf. I will call you!

VTS said...

Fun! Good for you on running that race. That's a HUGE accomplishment! Were you like your dad and not train at all for it? haha!
Cute apron! I need lessons.

Sariah said...

you are just an all-around good person aren't you. I always feel uplifted after reading your blog. We need more people in this world like you. Your hub is a lucky man, tell him i told him that.

MLH said...

Way to go Heidi - a heart that cares takes it a long way !!! btw Chris you look GREAT with short hair!