5.05.2009

Um... We May Have A Problem.

If you are a fan of Indian food and you live in Salt Lake, you've probably been to the Bombay House. Chris and I have gone there often, it being my mother-in-law's favorite place, and we have come to love it as well. I am not a fan of curry - and there are people who make the mistake that Indian food = curry. Not so. They have oodles of dishes to make any mouth water, no matter your taste buds, and the Naan (flat bread) is amazing. Though we can't afford to go to the Bombay House often, we are always satisfied when we are lucky enough to eat there.

There is a small restaurant called the India House near our place of residence that we had never tried. In seven years, I had never taken a second glance at it as I pass by it every day. I soon found what I had been missing when my brainy husband decided he wanted to to eat there last night... and perhaps it was a mistake. 

It wasn't the food. That part was incredible... and therein lies our problem. The Bombay house is a good 20-25 minutes away from us. With the India House being so close, it could do some damage to our pocket books, even if it is a bit cheaper. I had the chicken coconut korma... and it was maybe even a little better than Bombay's. Just a little.


If you like Indian food, or if you're up for trying new things, check it out. And let us know so we can join you...

5 comments:

Heather said...

i have never eaten any Indian food, but would love to try it. You need to go with me and explain what is good okay!

The Williamsons said...

We've driven by that Indian House place many times but have never tried it. I've actually never had Indian food.

The Lloyd's said...

that IS a problem...i LOVE indian food. and i always get the chicken coconut korma from bombay house. i might just have to try this new India House place..

VTS said...

Hey! I LOVE the Bombay House, so I'm sure that I'd dig this new place. Give me a call next time...I'd love to try it out!

Dubb Days said...

Never tried Indian food. Don't really care to because I am such a scared to try new foods kind of gal. I think the biggest reason is I am afraid I will hate it and then I wasted my money. Yep, that is pretty much what it comes down to.
Oh and I would love to have a girls day. Lets do it at the beach-what do you think?