5.21.2009

Thanks, American Idol

I guess they got my letter.


I don't think anyone who watched the finale could deny that the show was catered to Adam winning... with big names like Kiss and Queen, whose style matches his, I think it was a bit of a shock to everyone that he didn't win.

However, no one could deny the humility Kris carried when he repeated again and again the words, "Are you serious?" After Ryan announced him the new idol. I think he was just as surprised that he won, and genuinely thought that Adam deserved it. I enjoyed watching the comradship between the two; I felt that Adam really was supportive of Kris. I wasn't exactly expecting that... really, a few tears wouldn't have hurt... except his makeup...

I also loved seeing the relationship between he and his wife at the end. The hug was so sweet, I felt my own grin spread so far across my face that my cheeks hurt. When interviewed by Fox 13 during the news hour after the show, Kris was asked how his wife feels about all of this. He replied that she was excited she got to quit her job. Ahhh.... a girl after my own heart.

I'm looking forward to seeing what comes next from him.

7 comments:

Katie M. said...

oh my dear. I'm just glad for your sake he won. Pathetically, we only tuned in for ONE episode this entire season. lame on our part, but the one show I saw, Kris was my favorite.. so, I'm happy for him, for you, and for myself he won.

now give me some cake.

xo

Nick & Danielle said...

I was so excited when his name was announced...I screamed! I love Kris. Adam is extremely talented as well but his whole theatrical thing was getting old. I love Idol!!! And I love pedicures...

Jenny said...

Oh yessssss...Happy Kris Day my friend. VICTORY! VICTORY! (like the Hymn). I am just as excited about the whole thing. Good luck to Adam though and his career. He'll be great.

Dubb Days said...

Can I get a woot-woot! I sure am happy you wrote that letter! Now move aside, singers, it is time for some dancin'!

Andrea said...

I don't watch the show (I know, gasp, gasp) however I'm so happy that you and apparently all of America is so happy that Kris won!!

Sariah said...

Do you want to know my honest-to-goodness first thought I had when i heard Kris won- I thought "oh good, Heidi will be happy." Not Jake will be happy, my own husband is a huge Kris fan. Thought you might get a chuckle out of that.

Karson and Kami said...

I was very surprised too...But I did want Kris to win. I think that they are both great - in very different ways - and I know they will both do great things. In fact, I think Danny and Allison will do great in the music industry as well.