5.23.2011

OUCH

CAUTION: this blog entry contains graphic images. It is not for the faint of heart.

A couple of weeks ago, I received a text from Chris saying he was at the insta-care... but not to worry, he said. He was okay.

He was working with an inside pipe cutter at work (the tool pictured below).
It was caught on his glove by accident, worked its way into his hand, and left this tiny little gash (this is what he said he was "okay" about).

Even the doctor's response to it was "That's a doosey..." (And for good reason. However, that's probably not what you want to hear from a doctor.)

Cleaning it up. Sick.

He ended up with 12 stitches (six on top and six underneath), keeping it wrapped up for a couple of weeks. As you can imagine, it left a pretty good scar.

I am extremely grateful it wasn't as bad as it could have been... but, as you can see by the images, it wasn't a fun experience.

3 comments:

Dubb Days said...

A doosey. yep, that is what I would say. Oh my! Oh my! that had to have killed! Glad everything was fine.

Oh Jack and his hair. SO cute either way. that is what is good about hair. It grows back. Love that grin and that belly. I want to play with him!

Laura said...

Jack looks darling with his haircut, love it! Poor thing freaking out with the clippers...Noah hates them too...I think he is finally getting over them.

And holy crap- Chris' hand looks HORRIBLE!!! Ouch!!! I guess it could have been a lot worse, right? Hope he heals quickly. That's kinda awesome he took the time to document it with pictures. :)

Heather said...

I should not have looked. I need to go vomit now ....