3.24.2008

Easter Weekend

We had a nice weekend. It wasn't as relaxing as I had hoped, but we had a lot of fun.

On Friday we had my cousin Angela and her husband Zak over to play games. He insisted on playing Friends Scene It (he was brave), and they actually did well. But Chris and I won. :) We also played Catch Phrase, that was blast.

On Saturday night Chris and I had dinner at his parents' house for Easter. It was a lot of fun and everyone was there - except for Chris's brother Aaron and his wife Julie who are in Ohio. We really missed them. We had dinner after playing a game of Bacci Ball. 

You throw a small white ball somewhere in the distance, then try to throw larger balls at it (they are heavy, like shot-put balls), and whoever is closer gets a point. It actually was a lot of fun. Here are some sweet action shots :)

This is a great shot of William, my brother-in-law. He and Chris got way into it.
Chris looked pretty intense...
Chris showing off his tree-flip... it was scary, nobody knew if he was actually going to land it.
We had a fun night. I really have a lot of fun with his family. They've all go their little quirks about them that makes their family unique. Here's a good shot of the brothers with Aubri, the 
only girl. We missed you, Aaron!
Of course Joan (my mother-in-law) gave us tons of candy, and homemade chocolate eggs - bavarian mint, actually - soooo yummy! She even put our names on them and put them in little boxes. She's so funny. Sorry, I don't have a picture.

On Sunday we taught primary and shared the empty egg story - it is such a cute story, let me know if you've never heard it. It's a wonderful story, significant of the resurrection of Christ. The kids loved it (whether they liked the story or the candy we gave them after, we're not sure), and it was a good Easter lesson.

That evening we went to my parent's house and celebrated Easter with them. My mom put together a treasure hunt like she does every Easter, and I helped my niece Cessna find and read the clues. My mom included something for everyone, she's sweet like that. We've never gotten our own Easter baskets, but the treasure at the end of the hunt is for everyone. We got a slinky, some reeses eggs, and a pink bunny. :)

Cessna and Lance had a fun time, and Lance was more interested in the candy than the actual hunt, but that's not unlike him at all. :) Don't you love his hair in these pictures?!

9 comments:

paige said...

Sounds like a fun Easter! A little bit like ours; fun & games, church, hang out with the family & do an Easter Egg Hunt! I guess we didn't have anyone doing flips off of trees though. Way to go Chris!

Laura said...

You guys had such a fun Easter! Easter is the best with the spring weather! So nice to play outside. What is the egg story? Would you mind emailing it to me if you have it handy? laura.hopkins@t-mobile.com Sounds like a good one.

Karson and Kami said...

Sounds like you had a great weekend! :) Karson and I would BOMB at Friends Scene it. Karson really hates that show. I have seen most of them, but not reruns.

That flip Chris is doing reminds me of Karson..he does that all the time, runs up walls and does back flips. Too funny.

Dubb Days said...

That does sound like a fun weekend you had there Heidi. I like that you commented on missing Julie and Aaron at the Lewis family part, yet no mention of missing the Douberley's at the Orton get together, huh? I guess you are just getting used to us not being at any of it:(
Anyway, thanks again for Joan's homemade carmel. Seriously it was such a fun surprise. I really have such a wonderful family that sends me fun things and makes me feel not forgotten (except the above comment of cours:)
Anyway I also enjoyed you saying that they all have their little quirks about them that makes them unique! Oh how I can relate with my wonderful in-laws!! Then again I am sure our husbands can say the same thing about our family, huh?
Sorry for the long comment but just wanted to share my thoughts. And yes I love Lance's hair in the pictures. Look out Heather, with those beautiful curly locks and his cute face, you might start getting "what a cute girl comments!" Even though he is all boy. He is adorable. Wish I was their to join in on the Easter fun!
Love ya

Heidi said...

I wish you were there too, Holly. I would have said the same thing if I had a picture of all of us siblings together without you. But TJ and Taylor weren't there either! I miss everyone when they're not there!

Robyn Reynolds said...

What a fun Easter. It is a good time to be with family and think of the true meaning. You look great. I hope everything is going well for you.

Heather said...

Those are some cute pictures of the kids- and I do need to cut Lance's hair. I just am so afraid the curls will go away and he is still my baby and I don't want him to be my big boy yet!

Unknown said...

looks like a blast! I didn't even BUY any easter candy - leave it to the in-laws, now I have too much to eat! Ain't it grand to have awesome in-laws though?!

BakerBloggers-Matt & Jenny said...

that game is so fun! Good luck taming your man, he may not make it to your 5th anniversary with his crazy antics!
Jenny