3.04.2008

I Need A New Hobby

I just updated my personal profile and realized that though I am busy and do lots of things to keep me going, I don't have many hobbies. Chris has also mentioned this a few times recently, and I feel like it's time to get some new ones!

Recently I have picked up my violin after 10 years of not playing it. I love it, but there is only so much practicing you can do each day when you know a total of 2 songs at the moment. I often think that I should pick up scrapbooking again, which I haven't done since I finished my senior year of high school. It was such a huge project that I got fed up with it and gave up, though I am determined to scrapbook my mission. I want to be done by my 2-year mark on July 5th (yikes... that went by fast!) so I know I should get going on it.

However, scrapbooking is a very pricey hobby. Unless someone knows a cheap way to do scrapbooking (with non-digital photos), I feel like I need to get a new hobby that doesn't cost very much money! I know that is lame... there aren't many hobbies where money isn't involved. I am willing to spend money, as long as I don't go overboard. Does anyone have any suggestions? I thought of picking up sewing or making jewelry... but I need more ideas!

7 comments:

Dubb Days said...

Geocaching!!!

Who doesn't like searching for hidden treasure?

You know you love it.

Tim

Matt Baker said...

play xbox. I hear that is fun!

paige said...

I think you should get back into scrap booking. If all you want to preserve are the pictures, you don't have to do a ton of embellishments, just buy the glue & paper. That is totally how I do Polly's with all of her 8 x 10 pictures that we get taken. Other than that, I am no help either. My hobbies are few & far between as well.

Karson and Kami said...

Come salsa dancing with me and Karson then you can practice on your free time :)

Heather said...

Ahhh hobbies- I have not had one of those since Cessna was born! Better pick one up before your kids are born. Maybe you'll be better at making more time for yourself then I am.

Jeanette said...

First of all, I love your hair! It's SO cute. Secondly, my favorite hobby would most definitely be playing the piano. I am assuming you don't have a piano at your house, but I know your mom does. I'm pretty sure the Lewis' do, too. Lessons can start as little as $5 a lesson. Or you could take up drawing or painting. That shouldn't be too expensive. Any form of art is a good thing in my book.

Tadorton said...

I love having hobbies. It is what keeps me sane with a busy busy baby girl. I am just about finished with her first year scrapbook, but that is mostly because I have been going to scrapbooking classes a year before she was born so I had a bunch of pre-made pages. But I tried knitting once on my mission and happened to go into a store at Gardner Village that has knitting classes. I think I will start going to them once TJ is done with school. Yarn isn't too expensive.