7.30.2008

Help!

I love my job... when my boss is here. When he is not, I have nothing to work with. I'm his assistant, and if he doesn't give me anything, I am on my own. This week is the first that I have had entirely to myself. Yup. The whole thing. And it's only Wednesday. (Sigh...)

While I have had small projects here and there to do, the rest of the time the internet and I have become better friends. I  just finished the book I was reading, but I can't start another one 
when Breaking Dawn is coming out in three days. I took a lunch already so I can't leave to go for a walk... and I have no reason to go wandering around the office looking for something to 
do - I know exactly how everything looks right now. There is nothing to be done. 

So, here I sit... and vent.  And blog. And surf the internet, hoping to find something to perk my interest. Not to mention snacking... Axiom keeps a well-stocked kitchen full of munchies. Pretzels, m&m's, goldfish, vanilla wafers, oreos, swedish fish.... It's unfortunate for me, because if I would let myself, there would be stopping me. Thank goodness for self-discipline... though, on days like these, what are you gonna do? Everyone has weaknesses... 

While on the net, I have found some articles that have taken me by surprise, actually. If any of you are interested in hearing a story about two women who had no idea they were pregnant until giving birth, click here:  http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/Parenting/story?id=5470808&page=1 

If any of you have any suggestions for me, please let me know. Perhaps reading the countless children's books here in the library? For now, I will sit and think of nothing as I search for something that will be of worth to get paid for. 

1 comment:

mead family said...

Yeah it's a good thing you have self-discipline. I unfortunately do not. I would probably gain 20lbs. being around all that yummy junk food all the time! Anyway, Secret Life of Bees was so good. I really enjoyed it. It was nothing like I thought it would be. It also got me more interested in bees and it made me want to try coke with peanuts in it. If you read it you will understand. I definitely recommend it. If you are looking for any other books I just read Escape by Carolyn Jessop. She escape the polygamous religion. It is so interesting. I didn't know anything about polygamy besides the mutiple wives and the weird way they dress. Now I feel so bad for the women and children. It's a crazy religion or cult as she says. Well sorry for the long post, but maybe after Breaking Dawn you could pick up one of those:)