7.23.2008

Heaven on Earth

Ah.. what can I say? While this shot probably says it all, I will share with you just how wonderful Lake Powell was this trip. Of course it's long - I always take more pictures than is necessary, but I hope you enjoy it anyway!
This is our boat. Of course, I didn't think about taking one while it was IN the water, but here she is after the trip.
Lake Powell is heaven on earth for me for many reasons. One of the greater ones is that you can wake up like this every day and it doesn't matter.
Two, you can spend all day in the water on one of these floaties. I definitely recommend one to everyone. This is my sister Heather and I
My cousins Karson and Micah with Chris. They don't quite look so pretty...
Probably because they were bracing themselves for the intruder coming their way! (My dad)
There are endless things to do at Powell. Here is my bro-in-law Jeff with my niece Cessna on the wave runner. Cessna loves it, and wants to go faster than is probably good for her. On a later trip with my aunt Margo, they were taking it slow - after all, the girl is only five years old - and she says to Margo, "Margo, did you know - that if you hit the gas on this, it can get you where  you want to go?"
This is a homemade ramp designed to jump off the top of the boat. You can see Karson's legs if you look closely.
Here he is in mid-air
And of course, wakeboarding. Here are a few shots of the boys.

Chris
And a graceful shot
Walter
Karson
The next shots are some strange ones... the boys take whatever they have and decide to get crazy. Here they are, being dragged - by the rope, behind the boat.... this just doesn't quite appeal to me, but they had fun, and it was fun to watch. 
Walter
Karson
And the good old two skis... this is my mom.
Next: Enter - Molecule. The molecule is what everyone looks forward too. It is the epitomy of unsafe... and we love it! We pile as many people as we can on, everyone grabs a handle, and hopes they don't die. Looks innocent enough here, but enjoy the action below.
The girl run, commonly known as "the princess run."
Next are the boys. They weigh slightly more than the girls, so at first they weren't seem to be going very fast, even with the boat at full speed.
But it got faster as more and more people fell off... and they go as far as standing up - with the only thing to hold onto being each other. I was on this run... too much fun.
Trying to stand... and being squished in the process
You're in for a wild ride when you decide to jump on the molecule - case in point with this picture. My uncle Marin's face (in the front) says it all... while my dad is literally holding on for dear life on the left.
Having a blast
All of the extreme sports and playing makes everyone tired - here is Heather and Lance taking a little snoozer.
Mmmm... Breakfast time! Heather, Cessna and Lance
Cheese!
Look what uncle Chris did to me! I have chest hair! And quite uneven chest hair at that... just like his :)
My dad and his sister Pixie
Aww....
Me and Heather - we miss you, Holly, as always!
Lance and Heather
My cousin Maddie and I
Cessna
Chris
Daniella, Cessna and I on the speedboat
And of course... the traditional Lake Powell dance party (required by my mom each trip)
Uncle Marina and Dad doing their Blues Brothers routine. I have a video of it, but it's too dark to see!
And the girls' pedicure and facial party. :)
We had a blast. Below are some videos for those who are still reading this and are interested! 

Here is a small idea of how fast the molecule can go. I think my dad falls off in this one?

Here is one of Chris running and jumping off the homemade ramp

One of Karson jumping

This is another crazy boy thing... Karson and Chris jumping off the speedboat backwards

One of Chris Wakeboarding. Please keep in mind that it's difficult to keep the camera steady when you are filming from the back of a speedboat.

And last but not least, this is for my nephew Robby. He is obsessed with the alphabet, and he will love this. We love and miss you, Robby!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh that looks ike so much fun sister!! Your family is ALWAYS fun:)

Robyn Reynolds said...

I LOVE Lake Powell. You are so lucky. That looks like a ton of fun.

Jenny said...

Holy Cow! What a fun trip! I can't wait for September!

Unknown said...

jealousy has certainly ensued! For such a fun trip and how great you look in a swim suit!!

Carly said...

Yay! I leave on Sunday night. You have no idea how much I have missed that place! Nevermind that I will be fully 8 months pregnant, bring on the floating!!!

mead family said...

That looks like a blast! I've never been to Lake Powell, it looks like I'm missing out. By the way is that Walter Allred? And Daniella Chavez?? They were friends with my little sis' Amanda.

MLH said...

What a wonderful time of creating memories - it was good to catch up on your news - we have now moved to Va - go visit our blog for our update - you and Chris look so happy together.

Dubb Days said...

Oh how I miss Powell! It was always my favorite vaca growing up. Would you beleive its been 10 years since I went last! Robby loved the video--thanks!!!

BakerBloggers-Matt & Jenny said...

Wow! Your crew definitely knows how to have a good time! That looks so great! I feel bad for the Floridians looking at the pics and knowing what they're missing. Poor Holly. What a fun trip!
Jenny

Laura said...

AWESOME trip! I was always bummed I didnt grow up being a Lake Powell family. Glad you had fun. Your pics are awesome!!

Did you love love love The Dark Knight?

Jeanette said...

i had such a great time with you and your family in Powell...SO MUCH FUN!!!

Heather said...

Great photos! What a great time had by all!