1.31.2008

B.P. Baby!

My dad and I love Brad Paisley. His catchy songs and his clever lyrics are hard to resist (but I guess they can be if you're not a country fan), and he is one of those great singers that actually writes his own music and has unbelievable talent on the guitar.


We, along with my sister Holly, went to his concert when he came to Salt Lake on his "Time Well Wasted" tour in December of 2006. He came with the beautiful and amazingly talented Carrie Underwood. That was a fantastic show.

When his latest album came out, "5th Gear," I had high hopes that he would return. Sadly, I looked and looked several times at the list of cities on his tour. Utah was nowhere to be found. I seriously contemplated Denver, though. I love to see him play. One day last November, Chris was watching T.V. and I heard one of his songs playing. I looked at the T.V. in anticipation, hoping maybe it was a commercial for his upcoming concert here. I was so excited when they announced he would be here on January 24th! Right away, I decided My dad and I had to go - and we still hadn't gotten him a gift for Christmas. Perfect!
His reaction to the ticket when he opened it on Christmas morning was pure joy. We danced our way into the kitchen at his house, chanting "B.P... B.P... B. P!!" (Lame, I'm sure you're thinking.)

The next few weeks passed by quickly, and there we were, last Thursday. He put on an incredible show, once again. I've included some pictures. The stage was awesome, it was almost all screens and amplifiers. For his song "Online" it showed a chat happening between two people, as if really online. It was great!


He is incredible - We will be waiting for his return!

3 comments:

Karson and Kami said...

looks like you guys had a lot of fun..I heard Rascal Flatts is coming in March...now, that's a concert that I really want to go to. I also LOOOVVVEEE Keith Urban and he is so fun in concert.

Dubb Days said...

Can I say JEALOUS!! Wish I was there. I'll never forget BP 2006!! Love you! You're one in a million to me!
hol

Heather said...

You guys are geeks, but that is why we love you!