1.31.2008

You Can't Stop The Beat!

Good Morning Baltimore.... Our official "Hairspray" party was a hit! Why Hairspray, you say? My good friend Nuria had never seen it. We planned to watch it together, and I told a couple more people... and it trickled into a party of about 20 people on Tuesday night, singing and dancing to the songs that we love. We had dinner, and some people dressed up.

We joined in with the cast in singing and getting our groove on to all of the songs, of course. I was fascinated to see my 5 year old niece singing along to every word of each song. She dressed up as Tracy Turnblad, sporting a cute little plaid skirt with flipped out hair and a headband for most of the show, then changed into a sparkly black dress for "You Can't Stop the beat." My cousin and her friends dressed up, one created the look of Penny Pingleton, pigtails and all. I unfortunately could only rat my hair up, with no time to dress up. But, it was It was a blast. We may have to make this an annual event... 'cause you can't stop the beat!


5 comments:

Karson and Kami said...

Yeah, so I love how I was invited to this..JERK! lol j.k looks like you guys had a lot of fun...I'm not a huge fan of the movie though, so this probably wasn't my kind of thing anyway haha.

Dubb Days said...

Wish i could have been there. We'll have to dance along to the beat next time we come out! Lovin' the pictures!

Jeanette said...

I love HAIRSPRAY!!! WOO!!

Heather said...

I want you to send me the picture of you and Cessna together too! I loved that one. Will you send me all of the pictures from the party so I can do a Hairspray page in Cessna's scrapbook?
Thanks- I Love You!

Robyn Reynolds said...

Heidi!! I am so glad you have a blog! I love these blog things now. They are great. How are you doing? We need to go to dinner or do something again.