1.22.2008

A Few More Inches, Please...

A few weeks ago, I decided that my hair was getting more and
more damaged with my shampoo/conditioner (Pantene, in
case you wanted to know). I think I just used it forever and it
was not helping my hair any longer. I had lots of split ends and,
though my hair looked good long, it was not growing at all and I was getting tired of it. Knowing that Chris loved my long locks,
I asked him about cutting it and he told me, "You can do anything
you want as long as you don't complain." That has been a problem for me in the past, so I thought about it for a little while. After some contemplation, I decided that hair grows, and I can do
whatever I wanted without hurting anyone too badly. :)

So, just before Christmas, I had my sister-in-law chop it off. I didn't want her to cut too much off, so I told her to make it just below my shoulders (pictured in my violin photo below). I discovered I liked it - a lot. So I decided I wanted it shorter - and last night she cut it a few inches shorter and this is the result! These aren't the greatest pictures of me, but any comments would be appreciated - I want your opinion!

10 comments:

Tadorton said...

I like it. It really looks nice. And if you aren't sure about it, your hair will grow back sooner than you think!

MLH said...

Tres Chic

BakerBloggers-Matt & Jenny said...

I am a long hair liking guy myself but the doo?(sp) looks great! Anything to let Chris play more xbox too :) !
No, seriously Heidi, you would make any haircut look good!

Karson and Kami said...

Well, I think you're adorable either way..but you know that I'm a long hair person too! I can't believe you cut it even shorter. Still cute though! As long as YOU like it, that's all that matters!

paige said...

I LOVE short hair! For me, long hair has always been a problem & the longer mine gets, the stringier & more unhealthy as well. I love it. I am not cutting my hair during the pregnancy, because Lorin makes fun of me when my face is fat & my hair is super short...calls me a "bowling ball head..." how rude. Anyway, the length your hair is at after cutting it TWICE is my definition of "long" hair because I can never get mine to go past my shoulders. Long story short...geez I am blabbering...I think it looks great & can't wait to see it in person!

Anonymous said...

I love it! You have always had the best hair in the family. I know Heather would agree.
hol

Katie M. said...

HEIDI...

I am so shocked- i had no clue you were even contemplating a cut. BUT i do really like it. You're just one of those people where long or short hair will look good. Two thumbs up.

BTW, I noticed in your profile you want to take violin lessons. I just restarted piano lessons after a 9 year break and I LOVE IT!!! I totally think you should!!!


Let's get together ya ya ya.
CIao
katie

Katie M. said...

He hee. NEver mind. You are taking violin lessons again. I neglected to read the post below.

Sorry.

Mark N. said...

DYKE-DO!
Just kidding, you are far too cute to look like a lesbian. I think that length is just about right...not too short, and not too long. As much as I like the look of long hair it can get in the way (and it isn't even on me, it's on my wife), just don't ask me when it gets in my way... I would like to grow my hair long, but I am afraid the come-over-mullet look just isn't befitting.

Heather said...

You know I love it!